Admin III, Business Administrator
Company: YMCA of Greater Seattle
Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewJob SummaryWe have an awesome opportunity for the
critical position of--Business Administrator.-- In this role, you
will manage and oversee branch business and financial
functions/systems and provide oversight of all branch business
operations.--You will ensure that appropriate internal controls are
in place and accounting procedures are followed. --You will work
closely with the Branch Executive Director regarding all business
and financial branch operations and assist with branch budget
development/oversight and administrative support for the YMCAs
annual fundraising efforts.Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure branch administrative processes, practices,
guidelines and workflows for administrative, program and department
staff are implemented.
- Manage accounts payable systems and purchase orders, monitoring
deposits and weekly cash reports, assisting auditors as needed, and
ensuring adherence to all financial guidelines. Prepare appropriate
- Manage the purchase, maintenance, programming and upkeep of
office equipment including telephone system, fax machines, copy
machine and printers, as well as all other office machines.
- Orders office supplies and maintains branch program
- Provide leadership and administrative support to the branch and
Association annual fundraising, including event coordination,
record-keeping, materials production, monthly billing to donors,
and thank your communication. May also provide similar leadership
and support to other major branch events.
- Assist Branch Executive in reviewing financial statements and
in preparing variance reports. Distribute monthly financial
statements. Develop, implement and manage budgets for assigned
- Hire, train, and supervise assigned staff and volunteers to
ensure proper business functions are completed in accordance with
- Provides information and administrative support to programs.
Assures good communication between program sites and office.
- Provide general administrative support to Branch Executive for
board/committees; attends as needed.
- Maintain calendar of all branch deadlines.
- May process branch Human Resources related paper work.
- Other related duties as needed.--Who are you?If you're the
right candidate for the job you thrive on challenging assignments
and pride yourself on efficiently managing a high volume of work
without quality suffering. You are always stepping up to offer
support at the first sign it's needed.-- You are proficient in
using Microsoft Office Suite and are comfortable with using data
management software. You can strike a balance between completing
administrative tasks and helping others to learn and succeed.-- You
have the ability to oversee day-to-day operations of a dynamic work
environment with the ultimate focus of providing a positive
experience for all who are involved.Qualifications
- Two years or more of college in a related field (accounting,
finance, business management.) or equivalent education/experience.
Four years of education/experience preferred.
- Three or more years of related experience including financial
procedures, customer service, office management, and/or
- One years or more experience in supervising staff
- Advanced knowledge of/experience with Microsoft Office
Suite--You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as
people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a
better, stronger community for allAt the Seattle Y, we are an
inclusive organization of--people with a shared commitment to
nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster
social responsibility. We also believe in supporting--the wellbeing
of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit--of
employment.--Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater
Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and
career opportunities.----The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are
contingent on results of a background check and drug screening,
including screening for marijuana.record-keeping,
accounting/bookkeeping, cash reports,
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Seattle, Seattle , Admin III, Business Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!