Posted on: February 16, 2020
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a
culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the
diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will
inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and
creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and
experiences that better connect people to each other as they live,
learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like
Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts
General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our
vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what's
next? Join us.
Why this role is important to NBBJ:
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle in a
Staff Accountant role working directly with the Assistant
Controller and Tax Director, as well as, collaborating with all
areas of the Finance team.
In your new role, you will:
This position requires a curious-minded, detailed-oriented and
deadline driven individual who is willing to be a team player.
An ideal candidate will have proven themselves able to thrive in a
fast-paced environment through their organizational skills and
ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. They will be
comfortable working independently and be able to prioritize
Your New Role:
- Participate in month-end close process preparing journal
entries and assisting with workpaper review; ensuring deadlines are
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare state local and tax filings, property taxes, B&O
filings and license renewal
- Analyze and summarize budget to actual variances
- Research problems and propose solutions
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for
consolidated financial statements
- Collaborate with teams to build annual firm wide overhead
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable team including reviewing
payments and approving electronic banking transactions
- Oversee cash requirements for multiple entity bank
- Assist in review and posting of other Finance team members'
- Assist in establishing, improving and documenting
- Demonstrate leadership, communication and teamwork on a daily
- Special projects and other duties as needed
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years cost accounting and general ledger
experience with a track record of progressive responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with knowledge of
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with a multi-company and multi-currency
- Accuracy and strong analytical skills are essential
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, remaining
professional, responsive and cooperative
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all
levels of employees
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft
Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to speak and read Mandarin a plus
- Deltek Vision and Sage experience a plus
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This
means not only loving what you do but having pride in your
workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by
enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and
comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee
healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique
professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and
access to leading technology and resources to further help you love
your work and advance your career.
--- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the
most innovative architecture firms.
--- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in
Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around
--- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a
deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate,
Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and
Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service
expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design,
Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and
--- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from
leading global, national and regional award programs across the
business, real estate and design communities.
--- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the
U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10
highest-ranked learning institutions.
--- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge
University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive
our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work,
we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our
values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession,
our society and ourselves.
--- We exist to create enduring value for our clients and
--- We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward
leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
--- We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm - and
essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
--- We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash
--- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through
listening, learning, and humility.
--- We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
--- We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share
what we know.
--- We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and
--- We all share in the realization of our "design, people,
business" triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence - and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions
from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited
materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual
candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the
right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any
financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are
interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please
contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: NBBJ, Seattle , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!