Senior Assistant, IT
Company: The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Group SummaryDo you believe technology can improve lives around
the world? We do! We are Information Technology at the Gates
Foundation. A creative, dynamic group of technologists determined
to help change the world by unleashing the power of digital
platforms to modernize the core work of the foundation. Bring your
creative thinking to our tight knit, energetic team to help us
achieve our mission.
Leadership & Culture
Our culture shapes our choices about what we do and how we do it.
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by
great leadership in an inclusive environment can do extraordinary
things. We expect foundation employees to intentionally and
consistently embody our four agreements; show respect, offer trust,
be transparent, and create energy.Position SummaryYou are a
creative, thoughtful, and curious colleague with a demonstrated
ability to work in with agility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a
dynamic environment. The role of the Senior Assistant in
Information Technology provides administrative and organizational
support for the Office of the Chief Information Officer and Senior
IT Leaders.Core Responsibilities
- Complex calendar management for multiple principals.
- Communications and data management including but not limited to
drafting and editing internal communications, creating
presentations, and management of the team SharePoint site.
- Facilitate and coordinate planning and logistics for events,
meetings, conferences, retreats and presentations.
- Basic financial duties including expense, budget and invoice
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, business visas, and
necessary documents for travel-related meetings.
- Work on division specific special projects as needed.
- May determine methods & procedures on new assignments and may
provide guidance to IT team members.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Experience managing confidential information and using
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and continuous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able
to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts,
maintain a customer-centric approach, and have the ability to
adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
- Proficient with entire MS Office Suite, MS Teams, SharePoint,
and knowledge of basic accounting.
- Ability to understand organizational priorities and how they
align with the strategy and goals of the department/division.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) with 3+ years
of experience preferred.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees,
employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be
contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that
all lives have equal value. We're committed to creating a workplace
where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also
believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the
global populations we aim to serve-in race, gender, age, cultures
and beliefs-and we support this diversity through all of our
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of
the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of
opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
* Sexual Orientation
* Gender Identity
* Gender Expression
* National Origin
* Genetic Information
* Veteran Status
* Marital Status
* Prior Protected Activity
Keywords: The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle , Senior Assistant, IT, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!