Complex Product Supervisor
Company: D.A. Davidson & Co.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned
company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are
dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest
standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding
service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open
and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and
productive engagement that make our companies and each of us
better. Just as we work to improve our clients' financial
well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities-and giving
back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our
company culture and impact in our latest annual report. Under the
supervision of the Wealth Management Chief Supervisory Officer
("CSO"), the Complex Product Supervisor serves as the supervisory
expert and centralized principal reviewer of Davidson's complex
product offerings, with a primary focus on annuities and insurance;
alternative investments, and structured products/options. This role
also works closely with financial professionals, branch office
managers, and the Advisor Solutions Team who administers many of
the programs that offer such complex products. Experience and
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business-related
field; or relevant securities industry experience.
* Applicable industry exams: FINRA SIE, Series 7, Series 9/10 (or
Series 24), Series 53, Series 4 and Series 66 or 63/65. Insurance
licensing a plus.
* Demonstrated knowledge of securities industry products and rules
* Previous supervision of complex products required.
* Experience researching, interpreting and translating investment
company prospectus language, annuity and life insurance contracts
and illustrations, private placement memoranda, offering circulars,
and other product-related contracts, selling and service-level
* Solid knowledge of the financial services industry/regulations
and an understanding of operations, tax, and legal principles which
impact the investment industry
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills. The position deals
with financial professionals, branch office managers, regional
directors, and financial institutions.
* Strong Information Technology knowledge and experience. Use of MS
Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), ability to learn new systems
* Experience with technical supervisory systems for sales practice
reviews. Envestnet Fiduciary Exchange ("FidX"); Protegent
Surveillance ("ProSurv"); and experience with Thompson BETA a
* Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail. Ability to
work with a high-degree of accuracy while prioritizing multiple
tasks. Excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential
for this position
* Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will
be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
* Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business
partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
* Ability to proactively work with both external and internal
clients. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to
accomplish work responsibilities and objectives. Ability to adapt
to change and exhibit sound judgment.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance, and work
independently in a fast paced/high volume environment and be
flexible with work schedule.
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client and Firm
* Serve as the subject matter expert on the supervision of complex
products and act as a key contact for financial professionals,
branch office managers, and regional directors.
* Conduct all centralized principal review and approval of annuity
and insurance transactions, alternative investments, structured
products, and other complex products that may be identified or
added to the firm's product offerings.
* Work with the Director of Supervision and Senior Supervisory
Officer in their development of comprehensive pattern reviews
related to complex products. Provide critical input on technology
systems necessary for appropriate supervision of complex product
and alternative investment activity including updates to policies
* Assist the Director of Supervision and Senior Supervisory Officer
with the review and remediation of complex product-level issues
identified by Compliance or Internal Audit as part of branch office
examinations or internal audits.
* Assist with the development of training related to specific
complex products as identified through various supervisory
* Serve as the back-up supervisory representative on the
Product/Exception Assessment Group as related to the introduction
of complex products to the firm.
* Stay current on industry and regulatory updates and trends,
including participation in industry roundtables and
* Lead and participate in special projects and initiatives, as
needed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
Keywords: D.A. Davidson & Co., Seattle , Complex Product Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!