NURSE MANAGER - RADIOLOGY (FULL-TIME, DAYS)
Company: University Of Washington
Posted on: November 22, 2021
University of Washington Human Resources If you are using a
screen reader and experience any difficulty accessing our web
pages, please call 206-543-2544 or email UWHires and we will be
happy to assist you. jump to content Req #: 188501 Department: UW
MEDICAL CENTER - MONTLAKE - RADIOLOGY Salary: Salary is
commensurate with education and experience.-- Shift: First Shift
Notes: As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and
work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this
position, click here. A higher degree of healthcare.
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the
highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a
respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family,
student and colleague is valued and honored.
Join our award-winning team at UW Medical Center - Montlake. Among
the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News
& World Report 2019-2020 "America's Best Hospitals", UW Medical
Center - Montlake prides itself on compassionate patient care as
well as its pioneering medical advances. UW Medical Center -
Montlake has again earned U.S. News & World Report's No. 1 hospital
ranking in Washington State and in the Seattle metropolitan area.
It is the seventh consecutive year that UW Medical Center -
Montlake has achieved both distinctions.
Excellence. Exploration. Education. Become part of our team, and
join our mission to make life healthier for everyone in our
UW Medical Center - Montlake has an outstanding opportunity for a
Nurse Manager to join our Radiology team. The Radiology Nurse
manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership and
promoting an environment that creates and supports exceptional
nursing care and professionalism.
This postion requires extensive parternship and and collaboration
with several key departments including the Interventional Radilogy,
OR, PACU, Cardiac Procedures, inpatient floors and the outpatient
clinical areas where we have Radiologic services. The Nurse Manager
will assist in oversight of the clinical and patient care
operations within radiology services at the University of
Washington Medical Center but also as several outpatient sights of
care. This includes leadership and direction of organizational
goals, performance improvement activities and overall operations.
In partnership, will create an environment that promotes excellence
in operational practice, team building and open and honest
The Nurse Manager will directly lead a team of nursing
professionals and support staff to create a highly efficient
nursing team based on data driven metrics that are in line with our
strategic goals. Collaborating with medical center leadership you
will help develop, implement and monitor policies and standards to
ensure effective operations and compliance with all organizational,
professional and regulatory requirements. Must have a good
understanding of leading change and implementation of new
100% day shift.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with
organizational goals, objectives and initiatives.
- Continually works on performance improvement activities within
the 3 sites of service in collaboration with the director, medical
director, supervisors, radiologists and staff, and with other
department leaders as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the Vice Chair of Radiology, IR
Section Chief, Faculty and Director of Radiology to ensure success
of the department and safe patient care practice.
- Identifies, develops and implements business plans/initiatives
to enhance departmental operations and performance goals.
- Fosters good public relations for the department in meeting
service level and quality measure goals and targets. May be called
upon for business Outreach and presentations regarding our service
and patient care standards.
- Collects, analyzes and present statistical and other data
pertinent to departmental operating and planning discussions.
Contributes to long and short term strategic planning and
departmental operations improvement.
- Embodies the UW Medicine Service Culture Guidelines and
develops supervisors and staffs skills to support these
- Through professional organization affiliation, recognizes
changes in healthcare environment and develops strategies to
- Regularly communicates through department meetings with
supervisors and staff.
- Develops and supports a culture of learning for the department
- Represents the Department of Radiology in various committees
and task forces as needed.
--- Actively participates in construction planning, equipment
installation and renovation.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall clinical operation
of the Radiology department and each of its modalities and
- Management, oversight, maintenance and improvement of the
patient care functions and processes for Radiology.
- Must be knowledgeable in the detailed operation of the
Radiology Information System, PACS, Cerner, Epic, electronic order
entry and clinical decision support systems. Assures appropriate,
effective utilization of the systems by supervisors/leads/staff.
Identifies and recommends system/process enhancements.
- Oversees compliance process in Radiology for all aspects of
- Coordinates with the Supervisors, IT Director, QA/QC Education
Coordinators, Physics, and Radiology Faculty to achieve integrated
- Manages nursing operations of the Radiology Departments at all
sites in a cost-effective manner to insure patient, physician,
visitor and staff satisfaction, as well as safety, efficient
patient flow, optimum use of equipment, and highest quality patient
- Interfaces with hospital departments to provide effective
service and support systems for the Department of Radiology. This
includes Finance, Patient Care Services, Ambulatory Care, Materials
Management, Process Improvement and all other partners within the
medical centers and clinics.
- Coordinates and directs the patient care program to assure
patients' needs are met and that facility policies are followed in
an environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Monitors patient scheduling, surgical scheduling, referrals and
clinical capacity issues and takes necessary actions to address
- Monitors utilization of equipment and supplies; oversees supply
ordering as appropriate.
- Supervises staff to ensure quality of care.
- In collaboration with medical and nursing leadership, ensures
evidence-based practice appropriate to the clinic specialty in
integrated into clinical operations.
- Develops, justifies, and maintains an efficient and high
functioning team of nurses within the department of Radiology.
Monitors nursing related expenses with a continual focus on
utilizing nursing at the top of their scope and partnering with
similar services to maximize nursing utilization.
--- Closely monitors staffing. Ensuring the right number of nurses
are scheduled to match the expected patient flow/needs. Makes
staffing schedule changes to accommodate the needs of the
- Provides variance reports and corrective action recommendations
on all budget variances below the projected performance.
- Manages revenue cycle flow in the department to ensure timely
submission of charges. This includes monitoring late charges,
denials and working with all areas and adjacent departments to
optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manages patient care demand and volume to meet budgeted volume
projections in collaboration with medical staff leadership. Takes
corrective action in indicated.
- Actively participates in healthcare benchmarking and business
performance metrics. Adjusts performance and operations
Human Resource management: 20%
- Responsible for guidance and oversight of all HR related
matters, policies and practices within the department of Radiology.
Ensures consistency in HR practice within the departments as it
relates to nursing staff.
- Provides oversight of all hiring, completion of regular
performance evaluations, performance improvement, counseling
employees, developing staff and, as appropriate, utilizing the
disciplinary process and recommending termination of staff. When
necessary, recommends the discharge of staff in consultation with
Human Resources and the Director.
- Directly supervises 1 RN3 and 24 nurses. Completes annual
evaluations, monthly rounding, staff development and corrective
action as appropriate.
- Continual focus on being an employer of choice. This includes
staff development, new employee onboarding, team building
initiatives as needed and addressing low performaning staff.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Compliance Program
Policies, procedures, and standards of conduct as well as to
Ambulatory, UWMC, and UW Medicine policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the departments meet regulatory standards (I.E.
Joint Commission, DOH and the American College of
- Completes required documentation including audits and
- BSN required.
- 3-5 years experience as a conscious sedation RN in an
Interventional Radiology or Cath Lab setting. A minimum of three
years nursing leadership in a large hospital setting.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated leadership experience, working collaboratively
with medical leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability in process improvement to optimize clinic
flow and operations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a manner which enhances
communication, promotes conflict resolution, and facilities
cooperation and collaboration to meet goals.
- Demonstrated skill in Human Resources management such that
staff are productive and function well as a team. Ability to have
tough conversations as needed, counsel staff and utilize corrective
disciplinary process as needed.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, DOH and other regulatory
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service in daily
interactions with patients, family members and medical staff.
Washington State RN license required by start date.
MBA or MHA desired. ARRT desired.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center -
Montlake, UW Medical Center - Northwest, Valley Medical Center, UW
Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, and
Applicants considered for this position will be required to
disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or
current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their
current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required
under Washington state law .
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the
University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives
and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and
maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive,
equitable and welcoming. To request disability accommodation in the
application process, contact the Disability Services Office at
206-543-6450 or email@example.com .
Keywords: University Of Washington, Seattle , NURSE MANAGER - RADIOLOGY (FULL-TIME, DAYS), Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!