Grants & Contracts, Admin & Billing Manager
Company: YMCA of Greater Seattle
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We
are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that
result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to
marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable
environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our
programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally
versatile and respectful manner.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive
atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all
employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety
standards and protocols related to preventative health measures
based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
Job SummaryAs the Grants and Contracts, Admin and Billing Director
you will manage the end-to-end financial functions and systems
related to government grants and other association contracts. You
will oversee a team of billing specialists, ensure appropriate
internal controls are in place, and all accounting procedures and
grant management standards are followed to mitigate risk and
enhance the accuracy of the organization's reported financials,
resulting in successful audits. You will serve as the expert in
preparing monthly invoices, accounts receivable, financial
statement and grant reconciliation. If you're the right candidate
for this position, you are a dynamic and organized individual who
will support, enhance and ensure fiscal compliance with all
government funded grants and contracts. You enjoy working with
people and have the ability to bring together a team to facilitate
smooth processes and procedures to meet deadlines. You have the
ability to make decisions and recommendations that will support the
goals and needs of the department.Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of billing specialists supporting the end-to-end
financial functions for the Association government grants and
- Manages assigned government grant and contracts in order to
maintain hands-on involvement with the core activities of the
- Oversees financial operations of government grant and
contracts, including monitoring staff spending, preparing financial
reports, coordinating accounts payable, accounts receivable,
payroll changes, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Ensures financial compliance of government grant and contracts
are completed in accordance with agency guidelines, including which
expenses are eligible to be billed, and which are ineligible.
- Assists with month and year end closings, with a special
emphasis on Fund 4 to ensure government grant activity is accounted
for properly on invoices and financial statements are accurate,
producing corrections when needed.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of invoices with
financial back-up and all required reports to agencies, including
the accounts receivable to appropriate accounting staff.
- Oversees tracking of revenue and expenses booked in the general
ledger in proper periods, against contract amounts and resolves
discrepancies with business units. Manages quarterly
reconciliations to ensure no overbilling during contract
- Assists with coordinating payments and collections as
- Work with the accounting team to establish general ledger codes
for new departments to appropriately capture revenue and expenses
in compliance with contract and grant requirements.
- Organizes the collection of all non-financial reporting with
program staff to ensure timely submission to agencies.
- Fiscal liaison between government agency and program staff of
- Review and interpret contract/grant renewals, amendments to
calculate and communicate financial adjustments to keep staff
- Serve as the expert resource and trainer on Billing Team
processes (purchase card receipt submission, timesheet accuracy,
expense coding, overall fiscal compliance) for government grant
staff, to safeguard fiscal compliance.
- Distributes monthly financial statements as needed and supports
program staff in reviewing and in preparing variance reports.
- Back up to Director of Grants & Contract Administration,
providing technical assistance to program directors on budget
maintenance and budget creation for grant applications.
- Leads government grant and contract agency audits and assists
accounting department with external audits as needed.
- Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates and supervises the Billing
Team and other staff assigned.
- Identifies areas for continuous process improvement and
incorporates any agency compliance changes into team
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budgets and
performs special projects and duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Five or more years of relevant experience in financial
procedures, and budgeting process related to government grants and
contracts. BA degree preferred. Other applicable education,
training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities,
and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be
- Three or more years of experience in a position with
responsibility for managing or leading others
- Strong knowledge of preparing monthly invoices, accounts
receivables, and financial statement reconciliation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational
skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks on a frequent
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that often
requires responding to deadlines with short lead times
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data analysis and
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse
populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual
orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to
English may be helpful.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as
people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a
better, stronger community for allAt the Seattle Y, we are an
inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to
nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster
social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing
of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of
employment.Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater
Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and
"YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating
a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran , or any other
status protected by local, state , or federal law.
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are
contingent on the results of a background check and (on applicable
jobs) drug screening, including screening for marijuana. We
participate in the Federal E-Verify system.
If you need assistance of any kind with the application process,
reach out to or the HR department at ."
MISSION STATEMENT:Building a community where all people, especially
the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in
spirit, mind, and body.
- Passion for Excellence
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Seattle, Seattle , Grants & Contracts, Admin & Billing Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!