General Ledger Accountant
Company: Venture General Contracting LLC
Posted on: May 14, 2022
You are a key member of our Accounting team, and a critical
partner to the Controller. As the General Ledger Accountant at
Venture, you perform a variety of routine and non-routine
accounting functions with a significant focus on General Ledger
accounting. You are also responsible for supporting the Controller
in conducting key activities such as month-end and quarter-end
close, account reconciliations and audits.
- Reconcile various accounts to the General Ledger to ensure that
balances are accurate and that transactions are reported in
accordance with accounting standards and government regulations.
Complete journal entries and other correcting transactions as
- Work with the Controller to ensure month-end closing process is
completed through various accounting efforts: accruals, deferrals,
reclassifications, analyses, inquiries, etc.
- Support Controller in Treasury processes, including reconciling
bank accounts, recording cash transactions, monitoring account
- Develop and maintain key management reporting to support data
accuracy and budgeting/forecasting requirements.
- Assist the Controller and CFO with the year-end financial
statements by providing information and audits regarding
transactions throughout the year.
- Maintain current and complete general ledger transaction
related archival records.
- Ensure proper record keeping for use in tax preparation and
- Contribute to the creation of new processes. Implement approved
processes and new software utilization efforts to increase
- Serve as critical backup support for Payroll Manager.
- Provide initial review and oversight of accounts payable
activity and maintain vendor database. Assist with reconciliations,
collecting refunds and resolving disputes.
- Communicate with and support other members of Accounting Team
to ensure data accuracy in reports and investigate errors.
- Update online expense reporting program. Train and provide
support to employees on various matters related to the expense
- 5 + years of experience in an accounting or finance role with
strong working knowledge of accounting processes and functions.
Previous General Ledger experience preferred.
- Construction, property management, or real estate industry
- Experience processing payroll or exposure to payroll related
- Familiarity with quarterly and annual reporting of state and
local excise tax, B&O tax, use tax, and 1099s.
- Experience with MS Office and strong working knowledge of
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to pick up and
take on tasks with minimal direction.
- Working knowledge of Vista by Viewpoint preferred.
Keywords: Venture General Contracting LLC, Seattle , General Ledger Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!