Business Development Officer, Retail Banking (Kaimuki-Honolulu, Hi/Oahu)
Company: HomeStreet Bank
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Business Development Officer, Retail Banking (Kaimuki - Honolulu,
HomeStreet - HI - Oahu
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be
considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
The Business Development Officer is responsible for acquisition,
retention and expansion of new and existing customer relationships.
The Business Development Officer will primarily be working outside
the office. This position provides exceptional customer service by
taking ownership of the customer experience from introducing the
customer to HomeStreet Bank through profiling the customer,
assessing their banking and borrowing needs, and recommending
appropriate products based on a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet
products and services. This position develops new business and
consumer relationships. Business development will be accomplished
through an aggressive sales effort resulting in quality growth of
accounts. This position builds a thorough profile for each customer
and maintains frequent personal, phone or email contact in an
effort to grow and deepen customer relationships. At all time,
provides superior customer service.
Customer Development Activities (up to 100%)
- Meets or exceeds net deposit growth expectations for dollar
volume through development of new business and consumer
relationships by prospecting and aggressively making sales calls
through outside business calls and telemarketing.
- Effectively interviews and profiles customers in order to
recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to help customers
recognize possibilities and strategies that will help them build
and strengthen their financial position.
- Proactively identifies and retains "at risk"
- Explains and sells business products to new and existing
- Makes use of advertising leads, MCIF lists, personal contacts,
referrals from the Bank and branch customer base to build a book of
- Effectively partners with other business lines within the Bank
to identify sales opportunities and provides an outstanding
General Activities (up to 10%)
- Maintains a complete understanding of and competency with
products, services and the Bank's business-customer acquisition
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales
targets and results are achieved.
- Participates in branch events/sponsorships and is involved with
groups and organizations within the community.
- May determine rejects/returns within the branch operation
application based on guidelines established by the Branch
- Consistently adheres to the Bank's policies and procedures
regarding branch operations and employment practices, code of
ethics, and all federal, state, and local laws.
Consumer Lending Activities (up to 20%)
- Originates consumer loans, acting as customer advocate to
ensure prompt processing of consumer loans.
- Makes a minimum of five outside business development calls,
completes a minimum of five new business or consumer customer
profiles and updates a minimum of five current customer profiles
- Makes a minimum of five referrals each month to business
partners in other business lines within the company.*
*The actual number of completed profiles and outside business
development calls may vary from branch to branch, based on the
expectations of the regional manager.
- Minimum of four years demonstrated sales experience with proven
results including diverse customer profiles and complex needs; plus
three years in a bank environment in a sales or new accounts role.
Prior business development experience is preferred.
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to identify client needs, present banking
solutions and bank products. Recognize closing opportunities and
retain and grow customer relationships. Ability to initiate
customer contact through letters, email, telephone or personal
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to encourage open communication by listening
attentively and actively. Excellent business writing
- Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work
quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize and
perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal
- Local travel required. Valid driver's license, vehicle, and
liability insurance are required.
- Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force
frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 2/3 of the time)
sitting. Walking, standing, bending and reaching occasionally and
for brief periods of time.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and
Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example,
changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual
performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements
of this position.
Business Development (Sales)
Keywords: HomeStreet Bank, Seattle , Business Development Officer, Retail Banking (Kaimuki-Honolulu, Hi/Oahu), Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!