National Director, Development
Company: Up2Us Sports
Posted on: September 23, 2022
National Director of Development
Founded in 2010, Up2Us Sports is a national nonprofit organization
that is focused on the power of coaches to transform the lives of
our nation's most vulnerable youth, and the communities they live
in, through sports. Up2Us Sports is based on a simple premise: That
highly trained coaches can be among the most transformative adults
in young people's lives and inspire their success on the field, in
the classroom, and in life.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the National
Director of Development (NDD) serves as a key leadership team
member and an active participant in making strategic fundraising
decisions affecting Up2Us Sports.
This position is responsible for all fundraising and development
activities that support the organization's programming objectives
and strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will help forge
new relationships to build Up2Us Sports' visibility, impact and
financial resources. The National Director of Development will also
design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key
external alliances by cultivating, soliciting and stewarding
philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and
The National Director of Development will have primary
responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure
needed to grow our budget through major gifts, grants, special
events, corporate and foundation support. They will expand and
diversify the Up2US Sports donor base/pipeline and work closely
with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives.
The National Director of Development role is a new role. This role
provides opportunity for growth into the future Chief Development
Officer for the right individual. This position may be based in Los
Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, or New Orleans.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as a
member of the senior management team. This position participates
with Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Operating Officer and other
executive management in charting the direction of Up2Us Sports,
assuring its accountability to all constituencies and ensuring its
effective operation. The National Director of Development will
directly supervise the Development team.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 403(B) plan with a 100% employer match up to 3%
- Insurance Coverage:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage options for
staff and their family members
- Flexible spending account and dependent care spending account
- 100% Employer-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Additional benefit options, which includes: pet insurance,
voluntary life insurance, legal & ID theft protection, and transit
- Cell phone reimbursement per pay period
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- 15 to 30 PTO days per year based on length of employment
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Holiday Break: Paid time off between Christmas Eve and New
- Excellent work life balance and flexible work
- Every Friday is a half day & the last Friday of every month is
a day off
- This position can be remote or remote/office hybrid
- Strong commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and
- A dynamic, fun, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a
team of professionals dedicated to supporting underserved youth
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and partner with the CEO and executive leadership on
all major fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CSO, COO to develop and implement
Up2Us Sports fundraising strategy.
- Manage the Development Staff and other staff when appropriate
to develop and implement the development strategy to include
government, corporate, foundation, and individual gifts.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of
- Oversee and research funding sources and trends to help
position Up2Us Sports ahead of major funding changes or
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at
cultivating deeper ties with donors and alumni.
- Coordinate fundraising strategies with the marketing team
especially around the gala, other special events, and
communication/social media campaigns.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development
- Train, develop, lead and mentor the development team.
- 10+ years of professional experience in a nonprofit
- High energy and passion for the Up2Us Sports mission.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement an annual
strategic development plan.
- Demonstrated success in a development function (managing and
forging relationships with multiple donor sources); with proven
experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor
relationships over time.
- Customer focus; donor centric vision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational, leadership and mentoring
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively
impact both strategic and tactical fundraising
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also
a team player who will productively engage with others at varying
levels of seniority.
- Knowledge of donor database management - SF CRM
- Bachelor's degree or strong tangible fundraising
- Strong organizational and time management skills with
exceptional attention to detail.
- A professional and resourceful style; takes initiative and is
able to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
Salary Range: $90,000 -$105,000 based on experience and location.
This position is poised for growth as Chief Development Officer of
Up2Us Sports. This position may be based out of Los Angeles,
Seattle, Chicago, Miami, or New Orleans.
All resumes must be accompanied with a cover letter.
Keywords: Up2Us Sports, Seattle , National Director, Development, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!