Fiscal and Contract Manager, HVTN
Company: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified
adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated
with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and
learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer
center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch's global leadership in
bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy,
and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the
world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research
centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care
sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton
therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with
hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research
and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures for the world's
deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and
rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our
mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek
employees -who bring -different and innovative -ways of seeing the
world and solving problems. -Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming
an antiracist organization. -We -are committed to ensuring that all
candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, -antiracism,
and inclusion. - - -
The HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) is the world's largest
publicly funded multi-disciplinary international collaboration
facilitating the development of vaccines to prevent HIV/AIDS. Most
recently, the COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) was formed by the
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at
the US National Institutes of Health to respond to the global
pandemic. Using the infectious disease expertise of their existing
research networks and global partners, NIAID has directed the HVTN
to utilize their experience and expertise to address the pressing
need for vaccines and antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The
mission of CoVPN is to conduct Phase 3 Efficacy Trials to prevent
infection and COVID-19 disease. CoVPN will work to develop and
conduct studies to ensure rapid and thorough evaluation of United
States government-sponsored COVID-19 vaccines and antibodies for
the prevention of COVID-19 disease.
The Fiscal and Contract Manager is responsible for the clinical
research financial management for the HIV Vaccine Trials Network
(HVTN) and/or the CoVID Prevention Network (CoVPN) including the
cooperative agreement, supplement and carry forward requests and
many complex subcontracts. Incumbent works under the direction of
the Director of Finance, the HVTN Executive Director and Principal
Investigator for the HVTN Leadership Operations Center, referring
issues and soliciting guidance as necessary, and coordinating the
budget-related work of other staff.
- Administer and monitor CoVPN and/or HVTN budget(s), providing
routine reports and projections to management.
- Oversight in managing multiple large, complex multi-year awards
from NIH/NIAID, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), and other
- Provide financial support to CoVPN and/or HVTN clinical
research sites around the world, including annual funding requests
and monthly invoice/expense report review.
- Maintain and enhance multiple record keeping and reporting
systems for varied and complex sources of funding; develop
procedures for implementation, execution, control, and review/audit
of fiscal operations.
- Responsible for providing clinical trial cost estimate to CoVPN
and/or HVTN Leadership.
- Manages contracts specialists to administer and monitor the
CoVPN and/or HVTN national and international subcontracts, ensuring
deliverables are timely, any contract requirements are observed,
and payments are made.
- Serves as CoVPN and/or HVTN fiscal liaison to cross-network
fiscal working groups.
- Act as CoVPN and/or HVTN liaison to FHCC Office of Sponsored
Research, FHCC Finance, and other CoVPN and/or HVTN sites,
providing information as needed for allocation of all
- Play a key role in the development or revision of policies and
procedures, with the focus on those that guide the operations of
the financial aspects of the network.
- Supervise financial analyst, grants, and contracts
- Work closely with the Director of Finance in coordination and
collaboration of budget and financial activities for the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's in Business Administration
or Public Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in the Clinical Research field
with specific experience working with grants and contracts (federal
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with detailed financial analysis tools and
- Strong computer skills-MS Word, Adobe Pro, and advanced
knowledge of Excel required.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work
independently with strong attention to detail and superior
analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly
evolving fiscal management environment.
- Ability to work in collaboration with ancillary committees,
investigators, research staff, supporting administration, and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
as well as individually.
- Available for periodic travel to research sites in other
- Experience working with Uniform Guidance is highly
- Experience with Hyperion, PeopleSoft and related databases is
- Experience working internationally and/or working with non-U.S.
organizations strongly preferred.
Fred Hutch has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with
exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations.As
a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof
of vaccination or initiate the accommodations process before their
first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward
greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career
or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested
of all finalists.
Our Commitment to DiversityWe are proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance
Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace
in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and
respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability
(physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political
ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We
are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with
diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of
protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and
or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting
process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
Keywords: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle , Fiscal and Contract Manager, HVTN, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!