Company: Little Creek Casino Resort
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Company name: Little Creek Casino Resort Title of position:
Accounting Manager Position: Full-Time Location: Shelton Washington
Pay: Based on Experience The Accounting Manager supervises general
ledger, clerical, accounts payable, and payroll accounting staff,
processes, and/or procedures; provides backup and support for
senior financial officials and/or management employees; maintains
and reconciles transactions for accounting system(s); and conducts
financial analysis of programs and accounts. Benefits began on the
1st day of the month following your hire date even if you start on
the 31st of the month Full-Time Benefits Medical - $25.00 Employee
Rate Dental Vision HRA 401K with a company match of up to 6%
Vacation/Holiday/Personal/Unpaid/Sick Leave Options FSA - Medical &
Dependent Care Employee Assistance Program Tuition Assistance AFLAC
Legal Shield/Identity Shield Free Meals while on Shift Community
Vendor Discounts Training and Career Development Programs Employee
Discounts across Property You can play 18 holes of golf for $50 You
can play 9 holes of golf for $30 15% discount at the Pro Shop 25%
discount at the Spa 15% discount at all restaurants 50% off
childcare at the Squaxin Island Childcare Center 6 wks-5 years
($500 month infant care) Plus More!!! ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Responsible for facilitating month and close, to include
preparation of monthly close calendars and communication to all
applicable departments / employees on relevant close milestones and
- Responsible for the review of monthly allocations.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of account analysis
/ reconciliation process.
- Ensure that all account analysis / reconciliation procedures
comply with GAAP.
- Responsible for control of casino accounting records and
- Analyze, consolidate and direct all cost accounting procedures
together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of Accounting
Staff. ADDITIONAL DUTIES
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of various
financial statements and reports.
- Assist with the monthly review of financial results and
variance analysis as compared to plan/forecast, last year, year-end
and prior quarter and resolution of all outstanding issues.
- Assist with the development and implementation of goals,
policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial
management, budget, accounting and/or payroll.
- Assist with the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers,
accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost,
property and operating expenses and insurance records.
- Assist with internal audits involving review of accounting and
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of external audit
materials and external financial reporting.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of new accounting,
time keeping, payroll, inventory, property and other related
procedures and controls.
- Assist with budgeting, audit and tax activities for the
- Responsible for knowing all events in the property.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Display sensitivity to Native American Culture.
- Operate within the parameters of the Little Creek Human
Resource Policies, Departmental Policies and all other applicable
- Other duties may be assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly supervises Accountants, Accounting Clerks, Accounts
Payable Clerks, and Payroll Administrator.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training
employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and analyze and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that
conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups and/or boards of directors. Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as
exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as
frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and
validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling
theory and factor analysis. Reasoning Ability: Other:
- Experience with MS Great Plains accounting system preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Business Administration from
a four- year College or University, required.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration Degree,
- A minimum of five years accounting experience, with primary
responsibilities in, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed
assets, and payroll, required.
- At least three years of accounting supervision / management
- Three years related experience in the gaming industry,
preferred. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License from the
Squaxin Island Gaming Commission. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. CLOSING DATE Open Until
Filled For information on Little Creek Casino Resort including more
information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our
website at https://www.little-creek.com Little Creek Casino Resort
is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws. PI196773833
Keywords: Little Creek Casino Resort, Seattle , Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Shelton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!