Posted on: January 26, 2023
Skilljar is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our
fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be an analytical
problem solver that uses data to inform the business. They will
support our high-growth trajectory and will work closely with our
accounting team to help Skilljar achieve our goals.
This role will be very hands-on for the entire accounting process
and performing a variety of accounting staff functions. This
individual will work cross-functionally with other team leads to
ensure that we have a scalable process in place to manage
Skilljar's accounting in a GAAP-compliant way while the
organization continues to rapidly grow.
We're searching for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable
wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You are
a forward thinker, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your
feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating
startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on
- Assist with month-end close processes, including recording
journal entries, timely preparation, and review of reconciliations
- Manage accounts receivable, collections, corporate credit
cards, and accounts payable programs efficiently to maximize the
cash position of the business.
- Perform accounting tasks, including assisting with banking
transactions, GL coding of invoices, credit cards, and expense
- Review revenue transactions, resolve discrepancies, and work
with management to develop processes, procedures, and controls
necessary to book transactions appropriately.
- Manage prepaid expense amortization and accrued liabilities
schedules and prepare related journal entries
- Assist with fixed asset management, including accurate
recording, tracking, and appropriate depreciation.
- Prepare timely and accurate departmental reports, including
analysis of monthly expenses.
- Help with preparing for financial statement audits, including
pulling documentation, preparing audit schedules, and tying out
- Work on accounting initiatives, including system
implementations and enhancements.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills, and
industry knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and
- Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the
- Minimum of three years of experience in accounting or
finance-related field required.
- Bachelor's degree with accounting emphasis required and CPA
- Working knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, current
accounting issues, and accounting systems.
- Proficient with Salesforce, NetSuite, and ERP systems.
- Maintains a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization,
accuracy, organizational, and communication skills.
- Self-directed work style; thrives at being resourceful and
embodies a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a virtual environment.
- Desire to expand accounting skills and knowledge.
- SaaS experience is strongly preferred.
Don't meet every requirement? We are committed to building a team
that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives,
and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better
our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn't
perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring
process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state
and local regulations where required, but also to make sure
Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the
hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards
package - this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity
grant in the form of stock options. Below is the base salary range
for this role:
All Remote US: $73,000.00 - $93,000.00
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our
employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance
and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring
their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing
their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both
birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly
technology reimbursement for remote work, 401(k) savings plan,
stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture
that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia
nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield,
Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners,
Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform,
transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain
their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack,
Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar
provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer
and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup
drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is
now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in
Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho,
Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Montana, North
Carolina, New York and Virginia.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation,
sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees
associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other
Keywords: Skilljar, Seattle , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!