Sr Accounting Policy Manager
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Job Description:Sr Accounting Policy Manager The Sr Accounting
Policy Manager is a key leader over T-Mobile's technical accounting
function and is responsible for managing aspects of accounting
research, policy setting and assessment of strategic structuring
alternatives. This position has direct responsibility and oversight
for ensuring compliance with US GAAP and IFRS, and maintaining
appropriate controls throughout the above area of responsibility.
The Sr Accounting Policy Manager has significant interaction with
senior level accounting leadership including the SVP/Chief
Accounting Officer and VP/Controller as well as various senior
business and finance leaders across the company. This position
partners closely with T-Mobile's financial reporting and
operational accounting teams, marketing, engineering, IT, treasury,
tax, HR and compensation functions, and group accounting at
T-Mobile's majority shareholder, Deutsche Telekom.
- Provide strong leadership to the Accounting department,
T-Mobile's broader Finance organization and to Business Operations
- Lead accounting assessments of strategic transaction
structuring alternatives and product and business process
- Act as point of contact to external technical accounting
experts on structured financing or other strategic transactions
involving complex accounting assessments.
- Monitor International Accounting Standards, Group Accounting
Policies, and US GAAP developments.
- Interpret guidance, develop and document Company position.
- Coordinate policy decisions with Parent/Group level policy and
accounting leadership as appropriate.
- Regularly communicate developments applicable to the Company to
appropriate people/departments of the Company.
- Facilitate/coordinate the process of implementing new standards
and accounting changes to ensure the Company is prepared to comply
at the necessary time.
- Drive consensus on policy positions with external
- Lead efforts for the Company related to technical accounting
training and CPE.
- Support SEC filing and comment letter process through technical
research and disclosure assistance.
- Participate in lobbying and outreach on strategically sensitive
technical accounting developments. Coordinate with industry peers
and Big 4 audit firms on addressing common technical accounting
interpretation, standard setting and implementation matters where
appropriate. Participate in regulatory (SEC, FASB, AICPA, IASB)
outreach and standard setting process.
Qualifications: While the quality and accomplishments of a person's
career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the
following requisite qualifications:
- 10+ years of progressive roles in accounting and/or auditing
with within technical accounting research or financial reporting of
a large public company.
- Mix of public company industry experience and Big 4 audit
- Background in Wireless Telecom industry, financial services or
combination thereof highly desired.
- Extensive proven expertise of US GAAP and SEC reporting
requirements; prior IFRS accounting experience highly desired.
- Ability to apply critical thinking in identifying, assessing
and resolving accounting issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding
both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required; graduate level
- Active CPA license highly desired. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS :
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Highly energetic with the ability to m otivate others; creates
a team environment
- Holds people accountable; monitors progress and results; gives
feedback effectively and makes tough decisions when
- Possesses a positive, professional and proactive approach to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; speaks with
authority and conviction; has strong presentation skills
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to
turn findings into executable plans
- Sound business judgment and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional
relationships across an organization to achieve common goals; a
- Possesses a strong work ethic; does whatever it takes to get
the job done #LI-AE1
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is
redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services
through leading product and service innovation. The company's
advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding
wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise
on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US
provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its
flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information,
please visit http://www.t-mobile.com EOE Statement: We Take Equal
Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment
relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status,
veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state,
or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these
factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not
be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may
violate federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Seattle , Sr Accounting Policy Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!