Administrative Assistant - Contract Services Group
Company: American Water
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Share Our Purpose. Be Yourself. Feel Valued.
People are the heart of our business. As an American Water
employee, you will be offered a competitive salary and health
benefits package, along with opportunities to develop, grow, and
evolve your career. Our benefits packages focus on key areas such
as health & wellness, emotional & well-being, and savings for
current & future goals.
We are Beautifully Different. We strongly believe having diversity
across our company makes us more successful and helps us provide
essential services to our customers. We are stronger because we
embrace different ideas, viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds.
American Water is the best choice for your next role! Click here
for more information on our inclusion, diversity, and equity
American Water is the best choice for your next role! With a
history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the
largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water
and wastewater utility company. The company employs approximately
6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and
regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an
estimated 14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides
safe, clean, affordable, and reliable water services to our
customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information on
American Water, visit--- amwater.com ---and follow American Water
on--- Twitter ,--- Facebook ---and--- LinkedIn .
Responsible for secretarial and administrative support to an
assigned location. In addition to typing, filing, message taking
and scheduling meetings, performs duties such as financial and
other record keeping, purchasing parts and supplies, documentation
updates, reports, and working on special projects.
- Provides administrative support; types and designs general
correspondence, memos, tables, business plans, reports, etc.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making
- Maintains records for the assigned location.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains filing system.
- Maintains insurance, licenses, permits and regulatory
- Retrieves information as needed.
- Answers phones for the facility; takes accurate messages or
answers questions. Meets visitors to the facility and escorts them
to and from the main gate as needed.
- Purchases supplies and equipment for the facility according to
corporate policy. This includes contacting vendors, completing
purchasing and receiving documentation and tracking orders.
- Provides accounting with invoices, credit applications, and
- Processes purchase card transactions and invoices for
- Responds to vendors requesting payment status.
- Handles confidential information with discretion including time
sheets and employment records.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and
providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open
and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and
information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues
across the business.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service focus and excellent phone skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Requires high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive
and confidential situations.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects
- Requires attention to details.
- Requires analytical ability in order to gather and summarize
data for reports, find solutions to administrative problems and
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and working with
- Highly motivated and innovative.
- Flexible and enthusiastic attitude.
- Broad knowledge of company operations and policies and
- Knowledge of advanced secretarial procedures and executive
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate; Associate
- Minimum 3-5 years prior administrative experience in a business
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a motor vehicle
- Champions safety
- Customer obsessed
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives Results
- Nimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing---
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they arean individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Seattle , Administrative Assistant - Contract Services Group, Administration, Clerical , Duvall, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!