Cash Office Associate, Southcenter - Part Time
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
"Academy" for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy's. -
The Service Center Associate is responsible for driving all daily
activities in the Cash Office/Gift Wrap area including wrapping and
packing merchandise and giving refunds to customers in accordance
with procedures and standards. Additionally, the associate is
responsible for developing associates to deliver outstanding
customer service through observation, training, coaching, and
- Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within
30 seconds of their entry into the area. -
- Wrap customers' in-store and mail-order purchases in a timely
- Issue boxes, tissue, ribbon, and cards to customers. -
- Effectively charge and ring up customers for gift wrapping
materials and services using the register system (POS). -
- Issue change and RF scanning equipment to associates in selling
- Maintain supply inventory and keep supervisor informed of
- Balance the safe and order money when needed. -
- Maintain a working relationship with banks regarding issues
with checks and other miscellaneous items. -
- Maintain check-out/in log for equipment. -
- Maintain records on sends processed including UPS manifests,
- Sell gift certificates and direct customers to Credit Inquiry
Telephones as needed. -
- Answer phones and forward calls to store departments and
executives accordingly. -
- Follow store's audit policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper housekeeping and safety standards are
followed in the department. -
- Perform other duties as assigned. -
- Follows shortage programs and procedures. -
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
the Supervisor. -
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. -
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of customer service experience.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. -
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. -
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
and must have good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Strong organizational skills. -
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency. -
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent
use of RF equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders. -
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision,
color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs. -
Keywords: Macy's, Seattle , Cash Office Associate, Southcenter - Part Time, Administration, Clerical , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!