Principal/Chief Software Architect-Computer Graphics
Company: OPPO US Research Center
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Principal/Chief Software Architect-Computer Graphics Seattle
Seattle, Washington, United States Full time As a critical member
of the technology innovation leadership team in the fast-growing
OPPO Research Center, located at Bellevue, WA, you will be
responsible for continuous, successful technology research and
development on computer graphics domain, to support the company's
products and future directions, including smartphones, internet of
things and next generation smart devices. Your role will act like a
bridge between academic state-of-art research topics and solid
industry near-future solutions. You are responsible for the
advancement of OPPO's software technology on computer graphics
domain on both research and engineering front. You will be expected
to do research on academic and industrial trends, make
technology/design choices, plan and design key technologies
targeting OPPO's existing and future products. Requirements Will Be
- Incubate new long/short term projects to advance OPPO's
software technology on computer graphics domain
- Research on academic and industrial trends of the latest
computer graphics field.
- Architect future graphics subsystem & feature on existing or
- Lead architect discussions for key features regarding to
- Evaluate architectural choices and decisions made by others, as
well as formulating alternatives when needed.
- Architect mid to long term tangible R&D roadmap on computer
graphics field for the next 3-5 year.
- Drive innovative collaborations (brainstorm, research
discussion, market research, forums) across stake holders inside
and outside of company.
- Analyze and pinpoint improvement directions of existing
projects for better performance, reliability, and usability.
- Work with engineering manager to ensure the architectural
design is properly implemented by the engineering team.
- Work with engineering manager to oversight the whole entire
research and development workflow
- Work on and resolve advanced research and engineering issues
- Mentor junior team members
- PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry
experience with a focus on computer graphics and real-time
- 10+ year experience working on computer graphics, real-time
rendering, computer game programming, GPU programming and related
- 10+ year experience on C++ programming.
- Expert on all popular modern rendering APIs, including DirectX,
OpenGL and Vulkan.
- Expert on GPU rendering pipeline.
- Expert on GPU architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be passionate about computer graphics and its applications
- Familiar with Linux development environment and general
software engineering workflow and toolset. Preferred
- Experience with mobile/ embedded development environment
- Familiar with CUDA programming
- Familiar with popular game engines like UE4 and Unity
- Familiar with digital content creation tools & pipeline,
including but not limited to maya, 3dmax, blender.
- Experience with commercial game development and releasing.
- Proven records of academic contributions (papers) or industrial
contributions (open-source projects and patents)
- Collaborative experience with universities
- Persuasive speech skills and strong interpersonal skill OPPO US
Research Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex,
color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of
employment opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: OPPO US Research Center, Seattle , Principal/Chief Software Architect-Computer Graphics, Education / Teaching , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!