Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer Seattle / Issaquah
Company: Farallon Consulting, L.L.C.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Career Opportunities with Farallon Consulting A great place to
work. Careers At Farallon Consulting Are you ready for new
challenges and new opportunities?Join our team!Current job
opportunities are posted here as they become available.Subscribe to
our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become
available.Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer Seattle
/ Issaquah Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. has a full-time opening for
a Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer. The position
may be based out of either our Seattle or Issaquah Washington
offices. Core job responsibilities will include directly managing a
broad range of projects that reflect Farallon's core practices in
contaminated site investigation and remediation, environmental due
diligence, litigation support, and regulatory coordination. Project
work is often fast paced and requires a commitment to both quality
and client service. Farallon cares about the future of our clients,
the community, and the earth. The world-class expertise,
collaborative practices, and trustworthiness our people bring to
each project create long-term relationships with clients, agencies,
and project partners. Balancing today's problem-solving with a
long-term perspective, we work strategically to benefit clients,
the environment, and make a lasting difference. Farallon has
carefully created a positive firm "culture" that supports a
collaborative working environment that allows close cooperation
among staff and offices, allowing each employee to make meaningful
contributions to the firm's growth and success. Minimum
qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in geology, hydrogeology,
engineering or other related field from an accredited
- Professionally licensed in Washington.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in environmental
consulting, including planning and performing site investigation,
characterization, and remediation in Washington State.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and
external, to conduct Remedial Investigations and Feasibility
Studies for remediation projects with varying degrees of complexity
and/or overall scope.
- Well-versed working knowledge of applicable environmental
regulations and guidance including at a minimum MTCA, RCRA, and
- Experience working with the Washington State Department of
Ecology through formal and voluntary cleanups, including those
enrolled in programs administered by the Pollution Liability
- Deep knowledge of project and firm financial performance
metrics and management, ability to assess overall project risk, and
manage long term project liabilities.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills including
the ability to independently prepare proposals, summary reports,
and formal cleanup documentation including Remedial
Investigation/Feasibility Study reports, Cleanup Action Plans, and
Cleanup Action Reports.
- Ability to work with Farallon's team of scientists and
engineers on business development.
- Availability to travel as required for project and business
development related work.
- Commitment to safety, including working knowledge of State and
Federal health and safety requirements. Preferred qualifications
- Subject matter expert qualifications on emerging contaminants,
sediments, or other specific disciplines.
- Previous experience as a consulting or testifying expert on
matters related to release of hazardous substances, environmental
fate and transport, or regulatory compliance requirements.
- Professional registrations in Alaska, California, Nevada, or
- Existing client relationships. Farallon Consulting offers
competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term
Disability, and Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- 401K Program with Employer Matching contributions
- 100% Employee Owned - (ESOP) Employee stock ownership plan with
full vesting 6 years after hire date The health and safety of our
colleagues, candidates, clients, and communities is a top priority
for Farallon Consulting. As such, we require a COVID-19 vaccination
for in-person business. All employees are required to present proof
of vaccination status upon hire unless they qualify for a medical
or religious exemption. Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide
occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth
or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave
or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran
status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status
protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a
person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
Keywords: Farallon Consulting, L.L.C., Seattle , Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer Seattle / Issaquah, Education / Teaching , Issaquah, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!