Before and After School Instructor
Company: YMCA of Greater Seattle
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OverviewWe have a strong commitment to equityThe Y actively
promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated
to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in
oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized
communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments
where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and
by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and
respectful manner.Tell me about this job!The Y remains steadfast in
our commitment to providing families with school-based solutions
that ensure kids have enrichment opportunities, a safe and
supportive place to connect with other kids, and access to
learning. Come be a part of that commitment by joining our amazing
year-round school-age youth development team. As a Youth
Development Instructor, you will be part teaching teamwork and
social skills to children as they grow and learn, providing support
to participants in multiple areas from childcare, to enrichment &
recreation activities.Variable Part-Time/LocationHours Vary by
School/Location:Monday Friday 6:45am Start of SchoolMonday Friday
End of School 6pmThe Y provides full day programming on non school
days and early release days.Job sites Include:Eastridge Elementary:
22150 NE 156th Pl, Woodinville, WA 98077Fernwood Elementary: 3933
Jewell Rd, Bothell, WA 98012Woodin Elementary: 12950 NE 195th St,
Bothell, WA 98011Sunrise Elementary: 14075 172nd Ave NE, Redmond,
WA 98052Cottage Lake Elementary: 15940 Avondale Rd NE, Woodinville,
WA 98077Hollywood Hill Elementary: 17110 148th Ave NE, Woodinville,
WA 98072Wellington Elementary: 16501 NE 195th St, Woodinville, WA
98072Maywood Hills Elementary: 19510 104th Ave NE, Bothell, WA
98011Kokanee Elementary: 23710 57th Ave SE, Woodinville, WA
98072Woodmoor Elementary: 12225 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA
98011Kenmore Elementary: 19121 71st Ave NE, Kenmore, WA 98028What
you'll get from working at The Y
- Individual membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Free access to mental health resources
- Rapidly accruing paid time off (PTO) available immediately upon
hireMinimum compensation: $20.00/hour; compensation for minors (if
role permits hiring minors) is $19.00/hour as minors cannot fulfill
all duties of role due to licensing requirements, including
supervision of groups alone. Once 18 years or older rate increases
to $20.00/hour.YGS will comply with all WA State mandates regarding
COVID vaccinations.As of March 12, 2022 COVID Vaccinations
Requirements for this role are Required. This position requires
proof of vaccination in compliance with local state and federal
guidelines unless a submitted medical or religious exemption is
approved. To see requirements for each program within our
association,click here.MMR Vaccination Required : Licensed School
Age Programs require Mumps, Measles and Rhubella immunization in
accordance with Department of Children, Youth and Family
requirments. This task is assigned as part of onboarding with your
Covid-19 Immunization tasks.ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll be
- Implements culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate
activities within the curriculum in accordance with the Youth
Development goals of the YMCA.
- Supervises a group of children to ensure their health and
safety and to provide for a positive experience for each
- May provide guidance to staff/volunteers overseeing the
activities of groups of children.
- Professionally communicates day-to-day, confidential and
evaluative information with parents/guardians.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related
to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and
- Assists in maintaining developmentally appropriate site
including appearance, dcor and cleanliness of site.
- May prepare and serve snacks. Cleans snack area.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.Physical DemandsWhile performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to
occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20
pounds.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.QualificationsWhat we're looking for in an applicant
- 16 years of age or older, 18 or older is preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with children; camps, childcare, tutoring,
- Ability to model and demonstrate Y values: caring, respect,
responsibility and honesty.
- Experience planning and implementing group activities.
- TB Testby Mantoux method.
- Completion of minimum STARS required training, CPR/First Aid
- Cleared Portable Background Check in the statewide registry
MERIT.*At hire, or earliest possible training (but no later than 30
days after employment.)At hire, or during onboarding for
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse
populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual
- Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be
- High school diploma or the equivalent of one.You'll be a great
fit for the Seattle Y if you
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment.
- Are very adaptable.
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic.
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet.
- Truly enjoy being of service to people.
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as
people and enjoy working together.
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a
better, stronger community for all.Our MissionBuilding a community
where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop
their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.YMCA of Greater
Seattle's Core Values
- Passion for ExcellenceYGS is an equal opportunity employer and
is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran , or any other status protected by local, state , or
federal law.All job offers are contingent on the results of a
background check. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.Job
Locations US-WA-BothellPosted Date 2 months ago (7/28/2022 7:13
PM)ID 2022-13539Type Regular Part-Time# of Openings 25Location
Northshore YMCACategory School Age Child CareAddress 11811 NE 195th
StreetMinimum compensation USD $20.00/Hr.
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Seattle, Seattle , Before and After School Instructor, Education / Teaching , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!