Wire Installation Design Engineer
Company: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
Posted on: January 17, 2020
WIRE INSTALLATION DESIGN ENGINEER (58578)
Working under limited supervision, Interface with external and
internal customers to develop and maintain wire harness detail,
installation, and bundle assembly. Create and coordinate solutions
for 2D and 3D wire harness installation designs and incorporates
changes to design plan. Performs complex design change
incorporation as required. Provides functional and technical
direction and guidance to support personnel and less experienced
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and maintain Wire Harness physical design and
installation (e.g. 3D wire harness installation models, wire
harness assembly models and 2D form board drawings)
* Perform assigned tasks meeting the organization's expectations
for quality, schedule and process compliance
* Collaborate and coordinate with customer to develop design
solutions. Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to exchange
technical data and coordinate project execution.
* Ensures application of business unit best practices and
identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
* Translates program technical requirements into work requirements,
processes, and tasks
* Develops solutions to complex problems, which require ingenuity
* Mentor less experienced staff in the use of CAD and other design
tools. Providing guidance and reviews of work as necessary.
* Identify and communicate the need for enhanced processes,
methods, and tools or new/enhanced design requirements and provides
* Ensure design optimization through commonality, cost, weight,
producibility, and maintainability of design.
* Communicate and/or implement design solutions
* Ensure compliance to design requirements
* May confer with more experienced designers and other subject
matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and
type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinates work
* Applies knowledge of airplane and component production methods
and technologies in the fabrication design of electrical wiring
into work requirements, processes, and tasks.
* Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures that
support the design and manufacturing of wire harness bundles.
* Investigates moderately-complex manufacturing process or
engineering related issues, and develops solutions to problems
* Communicate and facilitate the implementation of 2D and 3D Wire
Harness physical design and installation between internal and
* Focal for common change process and engineering work statement
* Monitors and provides status of wire installation activities at
* Provide Major/Minor determination for change classification as a
Design Approval Engineer (DAE)
* Regular, predictable attendance is required
* Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution
of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
* Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
NOTE FOR LEVEL
Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support
by more experienced individuals.
Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their
Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace
Engineering, or equivalent
6+ years' experience in an engineering classification
3 years CAD design
5 years Electrical/Mechanical design or installation
3 years Aerospace industry (preferred)
* Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team
* Exercises broad latitude in determining technical solutions.
* Ability to lead activities and teams.
* Ability to make decisions applicable to job level and
* Is considered expert in engineering principles, theories,
technologies, and concepts in assigned discipline.
* Working knowledge of configuration management.
* Understanding of product lifecycle management.
* Knowledge of Fabrication/Manufacturing processes for applicable
* Capability to integrate overall System/Airframe designs
* Understanding of design requirements flow, validation and
* Able to understand technical data
* Capable of resolving design issues by means of problem solving
* Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD design (e.g. CATIA, AutoCAD,
* Knowledge of MS Office computer applications
* Fluent in English (Written and verbal)
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal
opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer.
Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the
benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where
we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is
governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Butler America Aerospace L.L.C., Seattle , Wire Installation Design Engineer, Engineering , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!