Director of Engineering
Posted on: February 20, 2021
We've got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We're
leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way
customer-obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join
our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun. The
world's biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to
help them make their customers' lives easier. This obsession with
customer experience helps us develop software, technology, and
processes that competitors all over the world desire. OpenMarket
Culture We're seeking enthusiastic, collaborative, and resourceful
people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done.
Success comes from our culture, diversity, and dynamic global team.
We value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver
together. Does this sound like you?-- About the Role OpenMarket is
looking for an experienced Director of Engineering who is
passionate about leading product teams and building modern cloud
applications that help the biggest brands in the world use mobile
messaging to connect with their customers in the moments that
count! You will partner closely with the Product Directors to lead
our Channels Product Group with global teams located in both
Seattle, WA and Guadalajara, Mexico.
- The OpenMarket platform reliably delivers -7 billion messages a
month peaking at 20,000 TPS to more than 200 countries:
- Mix of monolith apps and microservices with message data
analysis and message flow orchestration.
- JVM applications deployed at scale across a multi-regional data
- Java is the dominating programming language, with Python close
- Use of open-source software e.g. Druid, Kafka, Kubernetes,
Docker, Netty, ZooKeeper, and more. The platform is moving toward
the cloud supporting elasticity for significant message volume
growth with much higher peaks and multiple message channels:
- Cloud-native microservices and API-everything
- Serverless and multi-cloud are and will be a part of our future
- Micro-front ends web with responsive, mobile first design plus
native mobile app development.
- Many modern techniques, including Agile/Scrum and User-centered
Design, CI/CD and DevSecOps practices. What You'll Be Doing
- Build and lead high-performing product teams that thrive in an
agile development environment with a strong DevOps culture.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps with multiple product teams and
product groups to assure development cycles stay on time and are of
the highest quality.
- Work closely with our UI/UX team to deliver high quality user
- Foster an environment of experimentation and continual
- Maximize team performance in an engineering setting, including
coaching, consulting, and mentoring, through Servant Leadership
What to Bring
- 7+ years of experience in the technology space as a software
engineer or product engineer.
- 3+ years of leadership experience; managing managers.
- Experience hiring high functioning teams, including recruiting,
mentoring and retaining a diverse talent base.
- Ability to understand, communicate and improve the quality of
- A strong people management philosophy and agile mindset for
managers and engineers. Nice to Have
- Prior experience in a product company with high growth.
- Experience working on systems at massive (i.e. consumer)
- Experience working and managing globally dispersed teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
equivalent experience required. You'll Be a Great Fit If
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that
encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world's top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring
out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to
inspire the team. Additional Information This position is open in
Seattle, WA. Moderate travel needed (when permittable). OpenMarket
embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We
are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time. Employment
in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a
criminal and/or credit background investigation. Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later.
Keywords: OpenMarket, Seattle , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!