Staff Security Engineer - Operations and Telemetry
Posted on: February 20, 2021
GitHub is looking for a Staff Security Engineer to join our
Security Operations team. We are a hybrid team of traditional
infrastructure engineers, site reliability engineers and security
engineers, working together to create systems and tools that enable
our fellow engineers to securely operate and scale the world's
largest platform for developer collaboration.
As a member of this team, you will design, and drive implementation
of organization-wide capabilities such as secrets management,
identity and access management, gateway access, secure
provisioning, security telemetry and more. You'll always be
challenged to solve interesting and novel problems that have real
impact on how the world builds software.
The team is highly distributed and you must thrive in an
environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. You will
be expected to have strong written and oral communication skills
and be able to develop effective relationships with coworkers in
locations around the globe.
- Architect/develop, implement, and help maintain infrastructure
- Mentor team members to uplevel technical and interpersonal
- Partner with teams across the organization (infrastructure,
application engineering, data analytics, etc.) to ensure the
security, availability and resilience - of our infrastructure and
- Provide security guidance on new projects and
- Inform and influence updates to our security policies,
standards, and procedures.
- Cultivate the open source projects developed by GitHub and
build things you are proud to share.
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to incidents as
- Proficiency with the GNU/Linux operating system and shell
- Proficiency in at least one high level language such as Ruby,
Python, Golang, etc.
- Experience with Azure or a similar cloud provider.
- Familiarity with configuration/orchestration management
software such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix security, performance
and reliability problems.
- Pragmatic and collaborative approach to decision making and
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as continuous
integration & deployment.
- Understanding of production system monitoring & observability
and experience with telemetry systems/tools, like ELK, Splunk,
Azure Data Explorer, and TICK stacks.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers
to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems,
and to create the world's most important technologies. We foster a
collaborative community that can come together-as individuals and
in teams-to create the future of software and make a difference in
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the
Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything
is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that
allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives.
We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ),
where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our
Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list
of where we can hire here:
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated,
focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program
with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where
we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and
lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from
people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against
employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin,
citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any
other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us
know if there's any way we can make the interview process better
for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent
Keywords: GitHub, Seattle , Staff Security Engineer - Operations and Telemetry, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!