Lead AI Machine Learning Engineer
Company: Change Healthcare
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take
lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working
together to make an impact.As one of the largest healthcare
technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate
the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at
Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive
changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate
people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative
ideas to life.-If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what
you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future,
then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion
innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.-Empower Your Future.
Make a Difference.Title: Lead AI Machine Learning EngineerOverview
of PositionWe're looking for a Lead Machine Learning Engineer with
a passion for artificial intelligence to help drive a new
generation of data and machine learning enabled services and
products to impact healthcare supporting Artificial Intelligence,
Machine Learning, and Data Science solutions for Change Healthcare,
reporting to an AI engineering leader under the Chief AI Officer.
You will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of
Machine Learning Engineers & Data Scientists specializing in deep
learning, active learning, and classical machine learning, one of
the richest data sets in US healthcare, nearly limitless cloud
compute resources including Spark clusters and GPUs, and the
ability to see your insights turned into real products.-What will
be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Design and implement ML pipelines and systems that enable
Change Healthcare to train and deploy ML algorithms in a scalable,
reliable, and cost-effective manner.
- Develop technologies that allow customers to effectively ingest
and store patient-related data, and data scientists and engineers
to access this data with ease.
- Recommend and make buy vs build trade-offs to accelerate ML
model labeling, training, deployment, and monitoring.
- Lead other, more junior engineers, mentor, inspire and set the
- Working alongside a team of AI data scientists, behavior
scientists, product managers, and business partners, you are able
to focus on the problem at hand and identify new insights from our
data with a deep understanding of customers' needs.? What are the
requirements needed for this position?
- Master's degree in Computer Sciences, or Mathematics OR
Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences, or Mathematics
- 8+ years of professional experience building and operating
scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle
including design, implementation, testing, operations, and
- Programming experience in one or more modern programming
languages such as Java, Python, Scala or C++.
- Experience working with modern tools for big data processing
and scalable machine learning (e.g., AWS, GCP, Kafka, Apache Spark,
Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL).
- Experience in foundational machine learning models and
concepts: regression, random forest, boosting, HMM, CRFs, MRFs,
- Experience with common machine learning libraries and tools:
scikit-learn, MXNet, Tensorflow, XGBoost
- Proven track record of leading teams to deliver AI pipelines
and solutions at scale
- Prior experience in Healthcare AI is Big plusWhat other
skills/experience would be helpful to have? ?
- Curious - willing to learn new things and try new things, able
to implement prototypes
- Data-Driven - able to drive decisions and influence based on
- Communicative - possess an ability to simplify complex
concepts, explain AI technologies in ways that can be consumed by
- Inspiring and empowering - possess influencing skills and
natural ability to build trust with other machine learning
engineers and data scientists
- Sense of Urgency - bring an agile, let's get things done
attitudeWhat are the working conditions and physical requirements
of this job? General office demands#li-remoteJoin our team today
where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly
collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!-Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement Change Healthcare is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information,- national origin, disability, or veteran status. To
read more about employment discrimination protections under federal
law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at .If
you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application
for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org "Applicant requesting
reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted
to this email box will not be accepted.Click here -to view our pay
transparency nondiscrimination policy.Change Healthcare maintains a
drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where
applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Change Healthcare, Seattle , Lead AI Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!