Posted on: February 24, 2021
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia's streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in
May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new
technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored
by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in
television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the
WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT,
TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim,
Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home
to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park
and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first
year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J.
Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael
Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg
Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries.
Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
We want to share WarnerMedia's amazing stories with as many
customers as possible. To do so, we are building ad-supported
products to complement our premiere subscription product, HBO Max.
We're exploring both traditional and innovative ad presentations to
share sponsor's messages. The new product will be deployed across
mobile, desktop, and connected devices, with as broad a reach as
possible. As a software engineer on WarnerMedia's AVOD team, you
will build and support full-stack components for our streaming
video applications. You will own the entire video advertising user
experience, including core player interface, beaconing, and
integrated ad content. You'll also lead behind the scenes efforts
to improve quality of experience via telemetry and data analysis,
and guide our overall platform by spreading architectural
improvements throughout the organization.
- Join a growing team with many opportunities for you to expand
your professional and technical skills.
- Influence the technical and UX agenda for our new ad-supported
- Work across teams and disciplines to explore technical
solutions and evaluate technical tradeoffs, using the latest
streaming media technologies and video capabilities.
- Improve your team's development, test, and operations
- Mentor other engineers to help them grow their careers.
- Have a deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals,
including algorithms, data structures, and operating systems.
- Have hands-on experience developing and maintaining modern user
interfaces on one or more platforms (web, mobile, TV).
- Be a self-starter that can independently solve complex
- Maintain high quality coding standards for yourself and your
- Design and deliver components of a complex architecture or
- Be passionate about software engineering with a strong sense of
ownership for the code that you and your team write, and desire to
become an expert in video advertising technology.
- Seek self-improvement and adapt to suggestions and
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards while maintaining
- Provide periodic on-call support for critical emergent
The Nice to Haves
- Software Engineering Experience on shipped consumer products or
- Experience with video applications, especially streaming
- Experience with advertising integration technologies (VAST,
VPAID, VMAP, MRAID, OpenMedia, ---).
Platforms (e.g. Android, iOS).
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that
creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse
array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences
through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max,
Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line,
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected
veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Keywords: HBO, Seattle , Frontend Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!