Security Engineering and Operations, Senior Manager
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Security Engineering and Operations, Senior Manager Do you have
a passion for SaaS and cloud security? Are you skilled at detecting
attackers and protecting cloud infrastructures and SaaS
applications? We at Outreach need a Manager to organize, lead, and
manage our security engineering and operations team and help us
protect our company and our customers. In this role you will bring
your leadership and technical expertise to develop, own, manage,
and improve the technical security controls that protect our
infrastructure, products, services, and data. This role blends
security leadership, engineering and analytical skills. We want you
to help design, specify, deploy and operate the solutions that
protect our products from attack as well as detect and respond to
alerts warning of possible anomalous behavior or vulnerabilities in
our systems. You will be responsible for improving our information
security operations program including working with other
engineering teams to integrate security monitoring into their flows
and processes. You must be comfortable working with cloud
technologies and how to best leverage the security features
provided by our cloud service provider or by choosing our own. You
must lead by example and have experience leading high performing
teams. In this role, you will be working with management, technical
leaders and engineers, external auditors, and at times, directly
with our customers. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate: --
1) Technical Fluency - A passion for security and technology,
familiarity with infrastructure as software, Kubernetes and --
microservices architectures. -- 2) Advisory Skills - Giving
direction, advice and support that helps grow the technical and
collaboration skills of the individuals and -- teams with which
they engage. -- 3) Execution - Planning, coordination, managing
dependencies and risks, diving deep when issues arise.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and management of the Outreach
Security Engineering and Operations team. Create and implement
programs that develop the skills of our existing engineers and
attract new talent as Outreach grows.
- Help design and evolve the security operations program to
continuously improve Outreach's ability to effectively detect and
respond to new threats.--Partnering with engineering teams to
design, build, select and implement effective technical security
controls to detect and alert on security events across the Outreach
infrastructure and protect the Outreach platform and
- Providing security technical leadership to set requirements and
help other teams understand and meet their security obligations to
make good risk-based decisions.
- Writing code where needed to automate controls possible and to
deploy new security capabilities.
- Identifying gaps in coverage of the Outreach security controls
and working across teams to specify and deploy improvements that
address these gaps.
- Selecting and/or creating specific applications and functions
that integrate with the Outreach platform and build systems that
provide the right detective controls that alert on suspicious or
anomalous behaviors or vulnerabilities.
- Participating in and helping lead information security response
activities across Outreach and its products.
- Developing and implementing solutions to collect, transport,
and process security data to support risk-based decision
- Integrating security monitoring and measurements that enable
engineering teams to quickly spot potential problems and respond to
security events within their DevOps processes.--
- Interpreting the results of penetration test results and other
technical audits and working across teams to champion and implement
reasonable mitigations and remediations.
- Using DevOps tooling and processes to implement security
- Creating data flow diagrams and threat models that guide design
- Translating security requirements and obligations into
effective security controls.
- Providing security subject matter expertise and training to
teams across the company.--
- Ensuring cross company support for all aspects of security by
establishing partnerships with other Outreach teams with the
overarching goal of improving trust of Outreach and its products.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in an information security
engineering role or relevant DevOps experience, 3 years managing
technical teams, 3 years writing code to help solve engineering
problems, and 2 years in a technical leadership role.
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing technical
information security controls including developing or leading
security incident response processes and teams.
- Experience automating AWS services to support information
security goals and mission.
- Direct experience working with SaaS cloud based applications in
AWS or Azure.
- Experience defining and implementing security controls for
containers, microservices, and orchestration software.
- Experience identifying and collecting the data that supports
effective security dashboards that summarize the security health of
the environment across multiple security domains (e.g., networking,
host, application, identity, etc.).
- Have a history of successful cross-organizational efforts.
- Ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions using
both direct and virtual teams.
- Experience managing multiple external vendors across broad and
complex work engagements.--
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and independently to achieve results
within the dynamic Outreach culture.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality.-- Why You'll Love
It Here --- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for
full-time employees and their dependents --- 401k to help you save
for the future --- Company-organized and personal paid volunteer
days to support the community that supports us --- Fun company and
team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just
as hard as we work --- Diversity and inclusion programs that
promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's
Network) --- A parental leave program that includes not just
extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food
delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's
Bringing Home Baby course for new parents --- Employee referral
bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
--- Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're
back in the office, that is!) --- We're an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Keywords: Lever, Seattle , Security Engineering and Operations, Senior Manager, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!