Adhesive Materials Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Facebook Reality Labs brings together world-class experts to
develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of
hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship
products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products
that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of
connecting the world. This team has the responsibility for taking
breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Facebook
Reality Labs seeks a Materials Engineer with the ability to bring
new materials to consumer products at scale. We are looking for a
slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of
failure to accomplish bold things.
- Support product development engineers in the development of new
technologies and remove material barriers from the path to
- Define and execute testing and evaluation of materials to
determine performance and drive material selection.
- Define and investigate novel materials to enable technology to
be integrated in consumer devices.
- Support high volume production of products taking ownership of
the material selection challenges.
- Work closely with the simulation, reliability, and other
cross-functional teams to provide data.
- BS in material science, chemistry, mechanical engineering or
- Experience with high tech and industry leading consumer
- Experience thriving in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced
- Knowledge in pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) or liquid
- Proven curiosity for science and technology.
- MS or Ph.D. in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- 3+ years experience building, testing, and evaluating hardware
& software system. Facebook's mission is to give people the power
to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our
family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of
company that connects billions of people around the world, gives
them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring
people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or
helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are
builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,
solving problems, and working together to empower people around the
world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,
we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started. Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Seattle , Adhesive Materials Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!