Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Company: Worldwide Flight Services
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join our team as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic: $3,000 Sign-on
Pay Range: $23 to $30 an hour depending on experience.
Sign-On Bonus: $3,000 paid in $1,000 increments for the first 30,
60, 90 days of employment.
In this role, you will play an important part in our Ground Support
Equipment (GSE) department at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for performing
preventative maintenance and repairs on heavy machinery and other
related airport ground handling equipment.Your main job duties may
include (but are not limited to):
Engine (Gas & Diesel), Hydraulics, Electrical (Heavy Equipment
- Engine (Gas & Diesel), Hydraulics, Electrical
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions as needed
- Utilize technical drawing and testing equipment
- Obtain replacement parts, install and/or make repairs
- Confer with Manager for complex repairs, which require
- Completion of paperwork as required
- Must provide own tools
- Experience required: 3-5 years' mechanical experience
- Pay based on experience level, MUST HAVE Heavy equipment
experience for consideration. History in Airport Ground Support
Equipment, or experience in heavy equipment in crane, oil field,
mining rail, or maritime preferred
Must be able to perform the following functions in variable weather
and environmental conditions:
- Bend, stoop, and crawl to work in tight, restricted spaces
including fuel cells an aircraft belly area.
- Push, pull, lift, and parts and components weighing up to 60
pounds in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing, or
installation of these parts and components from a sitting,
standing, bending, squatting, or overhead position.
- Lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 100
- Drive vehicles weighing up to ten (10) tons (up to forty (40)
tons in select assignments) in congested areas requiring good depth
perception and ability to distinguish colors red, green, and
- Work with color-coded wiring and other components which
requires the ability to differentiate colors to include but not
limited to red, green, yellow, blue, black, brown, white, and
- Operate a variety of tools, including power tools, in the
process of assembling, disassembling, repairing, and installing
parts and components while reaching, twisting, turning, and
- Work in a high noise-level environment.
- Read and interpret printed or computerized maintenance manuals,
write legibly to complete forms/paperwork as required.
- Must be able to regulate own work with little supervision and
accomplish tasks on own.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or
- Computer familiarity necessary.
- Demonstrates qualities of initiative.
- Must be able to lift 50 to 70 pounds (31.9kg).
- Ability to work weekends (ie. Friday, Saturday, Sunday),
holidays, and days off.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- May be necessary to speak other language(s), in addition to
English, depending on customer contract. Must be able to maintain
airport authority access, and be able to work scheduled
- Must be able to follow direction and work safely.
- If CDL is required, then the position is subject to random
Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing
Keywords: Worldwide Flight Services, Seattle , Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!