Sr. Application Security Engineer
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Title Sr. Application Security Engineer
The Sr. Application Security Engineer is responsible for the
detection and prevention of security threats against The Pokemon
Company International's (TPCi's) software assets, integrating
security tools into daily operations, security architecture, full
stack security design, and secure application architecture. This
role will be key to developing and overseeing application security
standards and requirements development.
What You'll Do
- Develop and update application security standards, secure
coding principles, and threat modeling processes.
- Establish application security capability for cross-functional
development teams in the Tech organization and across the
- Manage and oversee the effectiveness of the Application
Security Program through continuous improvement of testing and
application security controls.
- Evangelize the security program to stakeholders across the
company and ensure understanding of application security
requirements and expectations.
- Select and manage application security solutions, such as Web
Application Firewalls (WAF), security scanners, and Runtime
Application Self-Protection (RASP) solutions.
- Integrate application security testing and controls into
different phases of teams' development lifecycles.
- Manage enterprise application penetration testing
- Provide security expertise and consulting to partner teams in
Tech and across the enterprise.
- Alongside the Information Security team, responsible for
responding to and remediating security events / incidents.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure
successful completion of our roadmaps and initiatives.
- Partner closely on security operations tasks with
cross-functional teammates in IT, DevOps, Engineering, and
- Work leveraging an agile methodology by making iterative
progress toward achieving individual, team, and organizational
What You'll Bring
- 8 to 11 years of experience in Information Security.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related technology functions,
such as infrastructure/cloud engineering or software
- Experience with application security products (WAFs, RASP,
Botnet prevention, Security Scanning/Testing)
- Knowledge of threat modeling and secure development
- Investigating security events and incidents.
- Up to date with security attacks and latest security
- Experience securing mobile application security.
- Experience working with security vendors and developing
recommendations based on evaluating products and analyzing
- Offensive security experience with penetration testing or red
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or
equivalent working experience.
- Information Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, etc.) a
- Offensive Security/Pen test certifications (OSCP, etc.) a
How You Will Be Successful
- Excellence (Quality): Achieving a standard of excellence with
our work processes and outcomes
- Customer focus: Striving for high customer satisfaction, going
out of our way to be helpful and pleasant
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and
writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others
- Collaborative: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team
oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Brand Ambassador: Understands the essence of Pok--mon and core
pillars, demonstrates friendship, community and good
- Innovative: Generates unique ideas that lead to solutions,
champions change and takes initiative thinking of better ways to do
things, embracing continuous improvement.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While
we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours
may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives,
including a requirement that all team members rotate on-call
responsibilities to respond to any emergency situations. Travel
between office locations internationally may be required on
occasion, with occasional domestic travel as needed.
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so
classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside
of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Seattle , Sr. Application Security Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!