Test Automation Engineer - Sensors/Electrical
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Test Automation Engineer - Sensors/Electrical applies the
highest level of skill and knowledge of motion, optical, magnetic,
environmental and electrical-based sensors in architecting
test/calibration stations for consumer electronics devices on a
subassembly and system level. You will drive conceptual test system
hardware design with technology groups in the early product
exploration stage and validate first article design in the lab. You
will lead the end-to-end development of software and hardware
integration, including test flow, instrument control,
robotics/motion control, data capture and process, and integration
of advanced algorithms with third-party partners. You will be an
electrical engineer expert for the team for consultation and also
to design quick prototypes to aid test station validation. You will
be leading in documenting and troubleshooting station
hardware/software issues on test equipment and systems and bridge
to production. The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual
working in a cross-functional team environment and will be
responsible for planning the design, development, and
implementation of factory test/calibration systems. You will
enforce manufacturability, testability and ensure cost-effective
designs are implemented for testing and automation systems,
software, and equipment. This position will have responsibilities
for NTI (New Technology Introduction) and NPI test development and
bridge to sustaining support of production. You must be responsive,
flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer
environment. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset
who can apply their expertise to solve problems in creative,
Test Automation Engineer - Sensors/Electrical Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy advanced manufacturing-ready sensor test
stations for Facebook AR/VR consumer electronics products.
- Coordinates third-party vendors in designing, fabricating and
developing test systems.
- Develop and deploy end-to-end test software including test
sequence, motion stage/robotics control, image capturing/processing
and data transaction interface to defined IT infrastructure.
- Analyze, evaluate, design, integrate and test the first article
fixture to meet specification and proof of concept.
- Lead functional technology groups and drive cross-functional
decisions on test development and architecture.
- Validation of test SW/FW releases, including repeatability and
negative testing, and coordinate SW upgrades with fixture
integrator and CM/JDM partners.
- Troubleshoot and debug test systems and automation solutions
from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and
use data to improve test strategies and processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the test team for sensitive
- Work with vendors and firmware/electrical design team to design
prototype or driver boards (e.g. for camera or sensors) and FPCs
for rapid prototypes.
- Travel up to 25%, includes domestic and international travel
for collaboration with R&D teams and prototype builds
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in developing test/calibration solutions
in a consumer electronics or related field.
- Experience with high-precision sensitive electrical signal
measurements, including noise shielding and suppression.
- Experience with designing complicated test systems integrating
instruments, mechanical motion, electrical controls, and test
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C/C++,
and data processing tools such as MATLAB, JMP and Minitab.
- Experience in statistical methods (distributions, SPC, Cpk,
etc.) for data analytics.
- Master/Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with health sensors (e.g. heart rate, oximeter,
- Experience with optical-based sensors (e.g. ambient
- Experience with environmental sensors (e.g. magnetometer,
- Experience with standard communication busses (I2C, SPI, UART,
- Python proficiency.
- 5+ Years experience with factory tests for consumer electronics
products for NPI and mass production.
- Experience with managing multiple third-party vendors from
evaluation, down-selection, and driving deliverables to meet
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oculus, Seattle , Test Automation Engineer - Sensors/Electrical, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!