Company: Herrera Environmental Consultants
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are Herrera:
Envision yourself at a growing company that inspires and empowers
you to deliver your best while supporting your evolving career.
We are Herrera Environmental Consultants, a science and engineering
consulting firm dedicated to working with clients to develop
holistic solutions that provide social and environmental benefit.
We protect the environment every day simply by doing what we do
For over 40 years Herrera has cultivated a collaborative,
respectful culture that empowers our staff to achieve excellence,
and we have fun along the way. Each of us has the unique ability to
make a difference in the world, one person at a time and one
project at a time. We provide our staff with the autonomy to pursue
their professional interests and encourage professional growth,
resulting in a high staff retention and repeat clients.
As our company grows, we are expanding our services in Washington,
Oregon, California, the Mountain West, and Western Canada.
Herrera seeks an engineer with 8 or more years of professional
experience and expertise in planning and design of projects in
rivers, streams, and floodplains. The geographic base location of
this position can be in one of our Washington or Oregon
offices.---The candidate will support a variety of ecological
restoration, flood risk reduction, and infrastructure protection
projects for public and private clients throughout the Pacific
Northwest in collaboration with multidisciplinary internal and
client project teams. Typical types of projects include:
- River and stream habitat restoration and enhancement
- Fish passage improvements
- Watershed and floodplain assessment and planning
- River and stream bank stabilization
- Flood control
- Support for other engineering and surface water management
Required education and qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, or a
master's degree in civil or environmental engineering if
undergraduate degree was not in engineering
- 8 or more years of professional experience
- A current professional engineer's license in Washington or
Oregon, or ability to readily obtain one via comity application
based on licensure in another state of the US
We are a strengths-based organization. The strengths you will need
to succeed in this role include:
- Familiarity with Pacific Northwest watersheds
- Experience preparing design plans, construction specifications,
and construction cost estimates
- Experience managing design tasks through design completion and
- Experience developing scopes of work and budgets for design
- Ability to multi-task daily, and work with a fast-paced team of
interdisciplinary staff working on several concurrent projects
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- A current driver's license
- Master's degree in civil engineering or environmental science
with an emphasis on aquatic ecosystems restoration, hydraulics,
- Experience as project manager of natural resource restoration
or planning projects
- Fish passage analysis and design experience with roadway
- Construction management and inspection experience
- Knowledge of hydrologic analysis and modeling tools and
- Hydraulic modeling experience (one- and two-dimensional)
- Permit application experience (e.g., Washington State HPA,
federal Clean Water Act Section 404, and local agency permits for
grading, erosion control, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Proficiency in the use of ArcGIS
- Experience with field data collection and related
- Business development experience
- Other specific trainings and professional organization
affiliations should be noted in the applicant's r--sum-- and/or
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
We support our staff by offering:
- (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible Hybrid Work Environment
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
- Retirement 401K
- (EAP) Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Employee-Owned Benefit Advantages
We are a values-based organization.
- Insist on integrity, objectivity, and social and environmental
ethics in our work.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity, always.
- Act as stewards of the environment upon which we depend.
- Research and outreach, learn and teach.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.
Herrera provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and
applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions
will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Herrera does
not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the
basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status
in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and
individuals with disabilities to apply for this position.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Herrera Environmental Consultants, Seattle , Restoration Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!