Network Engineer, Hybrid - Remote & Bothell WA
Company: Qualstar Credit Union
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionOwn WAN/LAN/Systems performance to support
Qualstar's mission "To improve our members' financial lives."
Qualstar Credit Union has recently made significant technology
investments and is now strengthening its IT team by adding a
Network Engineer focused on infrastructure. You will join an IT
team of programming, development, infrastructure and InfoSec
professionals that manages over 75 applications. This role is
critical to delivering on IT's mission of serving Qualstar's
employees and members with effective & reliable technology
solutions that provide simple, intuitive user experiences. The
Network Engineer will own the performance of the WAN/LAN across
seven sites. They will manage applications, monitor performance,
and source, configure, test and install hardware and software. They
will manage the primary and secondary data centers, and have
responsibility for BCP/DR and InfoSec.Position level will be
determined by candidate qualifications.Qualstar Credit Union is an
Equal Opportunity EmployerPRIMARY FUNCTION:The Network Engineer
will own the performance of the WAN/LAN/Systems. They will manage
applications, monitor performance, and source, configure test and
install hardware and software. DUTIES:
- Proactively monitor and diagnosis network level issues, server
hardware and windows operating system problems.
- Coordinate installation of new hardware/software: install, test
and monitor the operation of computer hardware and software,
configure hardware and software to meet departments' needs.
- Provide tier 3 technical support and resolution of a majority
of business system applications.
- Oversee the change management process and guidelines.
- Create and maintain documentation (procedures, system diagrams,
- Assist and support disaster recovery practices and business
continuity planning and testing.
- Oversee the management and support of the data centers
- Provide mentorship/training for junior personnel, other IT
staff or business units on IT Operations applications and
- Tools/Technologies used: Windows, Linux, Unix/AIX, SCCM,
- Schedule may include occasional evenings, weekends and on-call
- Cisco CCNA certification minimum.
- Microsoft Windows Server specifically 2012-2016
- Citrix ecosystem experience 2 years minimum.
- PowerShell (very highly desired) Minimum 5 years of experience
in system administration working with AD, DNS, virtualization,
clustering, storage and disaster recovery.
- Secure infrastructure experience, regulated industry experience
- Critical thinking, problem solving, curiosity and analytical
skillsBenefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Good work life balance
- Expand your technical knowledge into other systems used in the
highly secure financial industry
- Competitive monthly salary
- Strong benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
coverage, generous paid vacation and sick leave, discounts on loan
rates, disability and life insurance and 401K & pension
plans!IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A
BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Qualstar Credit Union, Seattle , Network Engineer, Hybrid - Remote & Bothell WA, Engineering , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!