DevOps Engineer, Seattle (Remote)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About the Company
Craft is a supplier intelligence company helping organizations
accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique,
proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals
across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class
monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other
company cohorts. Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies,
government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups,
and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence,
market intelligence and related use cases. Through our modular,
secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company
they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from
Silicon Valley and elsewhere, but are not your typical data or SaaS
startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained
cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters
in San Francisco and in London, UK. We fully support and encourage
remote workers, and have team members across North America, Canada,
and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are
passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly
In recent years, the global supply chain has experienced
unparalleled disruption and unpredictability. This includes a
global chip shortage, blockages in the Suez Canal, and cyberattacks
closing down the largest refined oil pipeline system in the US.
Over $4 trillion in revenue was lost in 2020 alone due to supply
chain disruption. As a result, companies are working to improve
their understanding and monitoring of their suppliers so they can
proactively identify and prevent risk.
A note to candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages
diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
About the role
Craft is growing! And we're looking for an experienced engineer
that embraces and lives the DevOps philosophy, processes, and
culture. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, loves their craft,
and puts DevOps and ease-of-use at the center of all
As a DevOps Engineer at an earlier-stage startup, you will have an
opportunity to make a substantial impact on the maturation of
Craft's DevOps program. You will collaborate on planning,
requirements, research, and design of solutions with the rest of
the engineering team.
In this role you will
- As an expert in this area you will provide guidance, tooling,
patterns, technology that will result in better delivery which will
ultimately please our customers.
- Partner with engineering to identify bottlenecks and to tailor
platform services for streamlined release trains.
- Lead infrastructure best practices on building highly scalable
- Contribute to and implement the DevOps strategy, working with
multiple stakeholders that are focused on automating the
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to improve the
developer experience for ease and speed of delivering secure
- Build and manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Use data-driven design and metrics to measure and guide where
to make the most impact.
- Update outdated software components
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps or DevSecOps, or similar
experience (preferably with Linux systems)
- Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure and
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code
knowledge for writing tools and utilities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're a strong team player, a great listener, and able to
facilitate discussion and move diverse opinions towards clear
- Have an extreme ownership of your product, and a can-do,
- Have a strong ability to identify and resolve inefficiencies in
engineering tools and processes.
- Have a "shipping" mentality, and an ability to get things
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices.
- Show curiosity through asking questions, digging into to new
technologies, and always trying to grow.
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded, fast-growing
- Unlimited vacation time
- Option to work 100% remotely
- Covered vision, dental, and health insurance
- Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend
- Apple laptop
- Workstation allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
- Collaborative, high-paced, supportive culture
Keywords: Craft.co, Seattle , DevOps Engineer, Seattle (Remote), Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!