Remote Senior Backend Engineer
Company: Insight Global
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Location: Remote - CA, DC, VA, MD, NY, NH, FL, NC, MA, GA, or
What We're Building + Who We Work With:Our Client enables
organizations to run large-scale text messaging campaigns by
empowering their team members and volunteers to efficiently have
thousands of personal 1-to-1 conversations.
Conversations driven by our platform are geared towards driving
measurable meaningful outcomes such as voter turnout, event
attendance, or dollars raised for clients such as Planned
Parenthood, Sierra Club, the DNC, large non-profits, unions, and
universities, as well as several 2020 presidential candidates.
To do that our team works on building systems that scale up 100x in
a matter of hours and which are able to send 100 million messages a
day. Our clients bursty appetite for us requires that we are able
to scale up and down two orders of magnitude quickly and
efficiently at the drop of a dime so that they can reach voters,
volunteers, benefactors, or attendees at the right time, with the
right message, sent by the right person!
Sound interesting? Keep reading!What you'll do
- Execute technical projects that improve our platform such
- Development of highly scalable integrations with a complex
domain model and sophisticated event pipeline
- Development of an entirely new broadcast messaging product that
can scale to deliver over 25 million messages a day.
- Augmentation of our core product with video messaging
- Sharing responsibility for core components of several
distributed systems in a data intensive application.
- Building out our public facing JSON API and web hook
You'll learn how to
- Build high performance asynchronous http servers built with
- Work with data stores with billions of records and terabytes of
data that scale way beyond the capabilities of a single
- Operate a high performance and fault tolerant AMQP deployment
- Work with column oriented data warehouse and streaming data
platforms such as Kafka
- Deploy to CDNs and stateless containers on major cloud
- Write high quality TypeScript and leverage other tooling /
- Propose and push for projects that you think are important,
either by suggesting new ideas, or arguing for reprioritization of
existing ones.We'll expect you to
- Be flexible and adaptive with your process, and able to balance
multiple ambitious projects at once. Know when to cut corners, and
when to sweat the details.
- Be a member of a mission-driven team building a market leading
We are looking for someone with
- Strong desire to write code that will impact millions of
- Strong experience building systems with NodeJS, Java or any
other backend OOP and TypeScript.
- Some experience working with languages based on the JVM (Kotlin
/ Scala / Java).
- A demonstrated ability to work constructively and respectfully
with people from non-technical backgrounds.
- Humility and open-mindedness, a combination of strong opinions,
clear articulation of thinking, and a willingness to change your
mind in the face of new information.
- Comfort explaining tradeoffs of decisions, and eagerness to
hear and understand feedback on your work.
We hope you have
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working with and open-source projects and
- Six or more years of experience as software engineer
Keywords: Insight Global, Seattle , Remote Senior Backend Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!