Experienced Product Review Engineer L3
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.At Boeing, we innovate and
collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to
outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company
where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re
committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s
welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for
professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial
Airplanes is seeking experienced level Liaison Engineers
(Production Review Engineers). This requisition is for multiple
positions across several Boeing Sites in the state of Washington.
We are looking for proactive individuals who can make quick
engineering decisions that can go beyond their desks and into the
factory for hands on engineering. This position requires excellent
communication and collaboration skills, partnering closely with
production personnel. The ideal candidate will apply engineering
principles to assess and resolve product/process aircraft issues
through the product/aircraft lifecycle. They will analyze, conduct
root cause analysis and develop dispositions for design
non-conformances. Identify, document and communicate deviations
that could impact design intent and safety, as well as develop and
implement product/process improvements. We are seeking candidates
who are able to work variable shifts; the candidate may be assigned
a rotation to cover first, second, or third shift as well as
weekend or daily overtime and holidays as required to support
production. This requirement varies at each support location in the
factory and is typically covered on a rotation basis as required.
This position involves daily exposure to factory environment which
includes stairs, trip hazards, high noise areas, chemical hazards
(breathing and handling), and entering airplanes during their many
stages of build. Primary Responsibilities:
- Applies knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and
resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops
dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Applies engineering principles to research technical,
operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer
and designs interim and final engineering solutions.
- Identifies documents, analyzes reported problems and
communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety;
recommends and manages resolution.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post
- Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation
and maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in on-site disabled product repair teams and
accident investigation or support team.
- Analyzes damage repair or structural modification to determine
appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage and
assure a safe work environment.
- Designs interim structural repairs and conducts static strength
- Develops non-destructive test procedures, tools and
- Conducts simple static strength analysis. The position must
meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor s, Master s or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and
overtime. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years of experience in an engineering
- 5 or more years of experience working in a cross functional
environment and/or business unit teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in: Mechanical, Aerospace
/ Aeronautical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or Material
- Material Review Board Certification experience or similar
Liaison Engineering experience.
- Aerospace experience, fabrications, manufacturing, and/or
additive manufacturing experience.
- Production engineering experience.
- Relevant technological knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead, work independently and in a team environment.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced
technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In
the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
- This position offers relocation based on candidate
eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
- Variable shifts; the candidate may be assigned a rotation to
cover first, second, or third shift as well as weekend or daily
overtime and holidays as required to support production. Additional
- All information provided will be checked and may be
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence
before the end date.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , Experienced Product Review Engineer L3, Engineering , Milton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!