RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - SBX MOLECULAR ENGINEERING
Company: Planet Pharma
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Position SummaryClient Diagnostics acquired Stratos Genomics
(SBX Nanopore Sequencing) in 2020 for its unique chemistry that
advances DNA sequencing by nanopore, Sequencing by Expansion
(SBX---). You will process and purify the molecular building blocks
for our novel technology. These building blocks translate DNA
sequences into a simple to measure surrogate, the Xpandomer, which
significantly improves the accuracy and throughput of nanopore
sequencing.The Molecular Engineering group is passionate about the
novel molecules they have developed and the impact SBX technology
can have on advancing sequencing and patient outcomes. We are
looking for people who are excited and want to make SBX successful.
Please include a cover letter outlining why you want to work with
us, your specific interest in our technology and how you would
contribute, this is important.Essential Functions
- Research, design and execute, innovative and well-controlled
experiments, with high attention to detail.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems in creative ways.
- Contribute to the definition and timely achievement of project
- Participate in the production of reagents and starting
- Perform data analysis and protocol development.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and reliable laboratory
- Present findings at group or departmental meetings.
- Maintain the lab's cleanliness and organization.
- Develop and propose improved processes to fulfill the above
- Other duties as assigned.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry,
Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related
field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience,
MS or PHD Preferred. 2+ years of industry experience, less with
- Minimum of 2 years laboratory experience with HPLC
- Ideal candidates will have:Ideal Candidates Will Have
- Mature understanding of how to work with chemical and
biochemical samples, including sample handling, reactivity,
purification and storage.
- Technical background in next-generation DNA sequencing
- Experience with HPLC, automated DNA synthesizers, and manual
- A flexible schedule during COVID lab census restrictions.
Weekly or longer rotations either in the morning or afternoon and
occasional weekends. Requirements:Skills: Required
- DNA SEQUENCING
- LABORATORY Additional
- DATA ANALYSIS
- LIFE SCIENCES
- ORGANIC CHEMISTRYThe Planet Group of Companies is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: Planet Pharma, Seattle , RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - SBX MOLECULAR ENGINEERING, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!