Displays and Crew Alerting Integration Engineering Lead (Technical Program Manager)
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes is
looking for a Displays and Crew Alerting Integration Engineering
Lead (Technical Program Manager) to join the Displays and Crew
Alerting team in Everett, Washington! Position
- Partnering with Management and interfacing engineering teams,
define technical scope for software and hardware blockpoint
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Organization (SCO) Procurement
Agent (PA) to ensure suppliers have a full and accurate
understanding of the statement of work (SOW), such as developing
Request for Information (RFI) and Authorization To Proceed (ATP)
and providing contract negotiation support.
- Act as owner of Displays-initiated Change Notice (CN) for each
development by creating presentations for Change Control Board
(CCB), by representing the Displays team during the Common Change
Process (CCP), and by providing impact assessment (IA) for external
changes affecting Displays.
- Triage incoming Service Requests (SR)/Simulator Data Support
Request (SDSR) and ensure questions to customer inquiries are
provided to Service Engineering and/or Simulator Engineering in a
- Triage incoming flight line and factory non-conformance and
provide initial guidance on technical issues for continued safe
testing and production.
- Develop schedule and maintain Performance To Plan (PtP)
presentation for each Displays-initiated change.
- Ensure Engineering Tracking and Control (ETAC) events, such as
0160 option / Airline Selectable Option (ASO) / Option Select
Software (OSS) / Certification Plan (CP), are executed by
engineering team members and dispositioned accordingly.
- Coordinate with Customer Engineering (CE) on Displays-related
options and provide technical SOW for CN business case development
and subsequent approval.
- Interface with the Technical Lead Engineers (TLE) to ensure
engineering team members are executing defined SOW, such as
requirement development, validation and verification (V&V)
activities, per plan; report status to Management on a regular
basis at PTP; provide program news and directions at weekly
- Coordinate with suppliers to develop mutually agreed schedule
and technical SOW; provide feedback on supplier deliverables
including all Supplier Data Requirement List (SDRL) items.
- Host and participate in Technical Interchange Meeting (TIM),
Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Critical Design Review (CDR)
for displays-related changes.
- Chair the 787 Displays CCB and ensure balanced, prioritized
SOWs between competing programs for each Red Label (RL)
- Coordinate with Avionics Integration Lab (AIL), Ecab, and
Software Control Library (SCL) to ensure tooling as well as
software and hardware parts are available for planned verification
- Coordinate with Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) to
develop Work Service Request Document (WSRD) for verification
activities in the AIL, Ecab or on-wing.
- Coordinate with interfacing teams to ensure feature
co-requisites and prerequisites are implemented in time for
Displays integration; ensure engineering team is aware of and has
solution for these dependent challenges.
- Represent the Displays team in all Systems Integration (SI)
forum; identify hurdles, prerequisites, and flows for each
milestone impacting program level schedule.This position allows
telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform
some work onsite at one of the listed location options. The
position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher from an accredited course
of study in an engineering discipline, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5 or more years of experience in Avionics engineering.
- 3 or more years of experience working with multiple internal or
external stakeholders (i.e. business partner, customer, Finance,
suppliers) in planning and executing projects.
- 3 or more years of system engineering or project management
experience. Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET Accreditation is preferred.
- Experience in displays development.
- Experience with Matlab.
- Experience working in development programs and developing
avionics system requirements.
- Experience as a technical lead. Typical Education and
Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through
advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate
eligibility. Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace
where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol
when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift: This is a
1st shift position. Union: This is a union-represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , Displays and Crew Alerting Integration Engineering Lead (Technical Program Manager), Engineering , Stanwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!