: Mid-Level, Lead & Senior Equipment & Tool Engineers
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.At Boeing, our engineers share a
passion to redefine what's possible. To turn dreams into reality.
To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a
dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation
of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in
production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide
aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to
Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Equipment & Tool Engineers
to support all locations and programs within the Puget Sound
region, such as 777X, 767/Tanker, 737 Programs, Fabrication
Division, and more. A successful candidate in this role will have
passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process
improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to
be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly
supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we
need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the
highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
Our Teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience
levels including Mid-Level, Lead and Senior Equipment & Tool
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family
will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining
agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification
credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent
experience is required.
- Provides engineering expertise in tooling structures and
- Develops program and project requirements, develops highly
complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions,
including alternatives for the Production System.
- Develops complex data package (e.g., usage instructions,
procurement information, test plan, etc.) to satisfy design release
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability,
reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Validates analysis of technical data, influences product
engineering design and makes robotics, automation or technical
recommendations to support production system integration for a
- Leads gated reviews and develops plans for production
readiness, preventative maintenance and spares.
- Leads the creation and modification of equipment and tooling
definition at the program level.
- Coordinates with aircraft engineering and manufacturing
engineering on tool interfaces.
- Conducts studies and make recommendation for disposition of
- Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions
and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and
- Manages tool engineering work packages which are offloaded to
design suppliers and jointly supports technical inquiries that
arise during tool manufacture.
- Participates in tool/equipment try-outs to ensure requirements
- Investigates design-engineering changes to maintain engineering
configuration and initiates action.
- Validates contractual performance milestones.
- In Electrical Controls roles: Program, integrate, and/or
troubleshoot complex production equipment, including but not
limited to: industrial robots, Programmable Logic Controllers
(PLC), Numerical Controls (NC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI),
and/or automatic drives
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside specialists from
manufacturing, quality, safety, post-production services, product
development, suppliers, and vendors
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the organization by
communicating, collaborating, teaching, and mentoring others
Work Authorization Statement:The position must meet Export Control
compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22
C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience with production systems in a
manufacturing or engineering capacity
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years of experience working in an Equipment or Tool
- 5 or more years of experience working in a production
- 3 or more -years of CATIA or equivalent solid modeling
- 3 or more years of experience with programming, integrating or
troubleshooting industrial robots from OEMs such as ABB or FANUC,
or PLCs, NCs, HMIs, or Drives such as Siemens, FANUC or Allen
- 1 or more years leading teams in a leadership role
- 1 or more years of experience working to industry standards
including compliance with electrical and safety codes
- 1 or more years of experience working with hardware and/or
software configuration management
- Must be a motivated leader/self-starter that may be asked to
train less experienced engineers.
- Experience using basic Microsoft Office and office computing
- Experience in Automation and robotics
- Experience working with Composites
- Ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and
the mechanics on the factory floor
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
- Bachelor's and 7 or more years' experience
- Master's with 5 or more years' experience
- PhD with 2 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or
Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in
engineering, engineering technology, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
- This position offers relocation based on candidate
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Geographical Location Preference:Of the following locations, please
indicate those in which you are NOT willing or able to work:
- USA - Puyallup, WA
- USA - Auburn, WA
- USA - Renton, WA
- USA - Everett, WA
- This position is for 1st shift.
- All information provided will be checked and may be
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence
before the end date.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , : Mid-Level, Lead & Senior Equipment & Tool Engineers, Engineering , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!