Engineering Fellow - Warheads Modeling Simulation
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources
and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving
mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we
can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the
big picture. Job Summary: Are you a recognized expert with
experience leading teams in the design, development and validation
of high fidelity performance simulations in warhead technologies?
Do you thrive by developing modeling and analysis solutions to
solve complex problems in the fields of detonation and shock
physics, explosion and impact dynamics, penetration mechanics and
target dynamics? Do you have the leadership, willingness,
enthusiasm, motivation, and initiative skills to mentor and partner
with people and programs? If your answers are yes: The Advanced
Lethality and Computation Energetics team within the Energetics and
Propulsion (E&P) Department of the Effectors and Ground
Equipment Center, Mechanical Product Team wants to learn more about
you! The Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD), Tucson, AZ, facility
is searching for an Engineering Fellow in modeling, simulation and
analysis of warhead technologies with emphasis in detonation and
shock physics, explosion and impact dynamics, penetration mechanics
and target dynamics. You will have experience in high fidelity
analysis and algorithm development on large scale parallel high
performance computing using hydrocode tools like CTH, LS-DYNA and
ALE3D. Expertise in the area of high strain/deformation rate and
transient thermal computational techniques of advanced and complex
materials including ballistic materials is also desired. The
E&P department has the responsibility to provide, develop and
maintain performance simulations for all missiles system products
in Air Warfare, Counter-UAS, Hypersonics, Land Warfare, Missile
Defense, Naval Warfare, and support new business initiatives.
Responsibilities within E&P will also include, but are not
- Road map development for high fidelity performance
- Design of complex missile system configuration and their
environments using multi-physics simulation sciences
- Pre-flight/storage, flight interception, post flight, lethality
prediction including verification and validation. E&P Fellows
are demonstrated industry leaders, versatile, innovative, and eager
to share their knowledge. We value diverse skills and experience,
so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value
to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and
so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could
accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you. Responsibilities to
- Engineering Fellow in Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis of
warhead technologies will serve as a strategic leader who will
define where a program or product line is heading or needs to go,
while considering the technical and programmatic aspects of how to
get there. The Fellow must then drive the execution of that
strategy across multiple programs.
- Strong advocate for technical integrity of modeling, simulation
and analysis products across multiple programs and product
- You will be viewed as an expert and serve as a subject matter
expert to the organization in determining and developing required
technologies to achieve organization growth objectives in the area
of modeling & simulation, algorithm development, or
- Technical lead in a team environment on diverse projects,
providing independently determined solutions to create high
fidelity simulations and models for missile system design,
performance assessment, flight test support, trade studies and
- Mentor engineers.
- Work independently or through leadership of teams to solve the
hardest Modeling/Simulation/Analysis challenges. An advanced degree
in a related field may be substituted for 3 additional years of
experience . Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Twelve (12) years' experience designing and performing analysis
with high fidelity performance simulations, using tools for
analysis of data sets
- Recent applied work experience coding in C/C (or other high
order language) and UNIX/Linux based workstations.
- Author of intellectual property (patent disclosures) or
conference/journal publications in a modeling, simulation, or
analysis technical area within the past ten (10) years.
- Experience providing engineering support for programs through
participation in project design reviews and/or peer reviews,
including preparing/delivering technical briefings to internal
leadership and external customers.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance Qualifications We
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Recognized technical authority in modeling, simulation, and
analysis of warhead technologies - detonation and shock physics,
explosion and impact dynamics, penetration mechanics and target
- High level of analytical ability to drive technical
- Well known with established relationships in industry.
- Proven knowledge of fundamental concepts, with high level of
analytical ability to drive technical solutions.
- Ability to actively participate in definition of team
objectives and provide solutions to complex technical tasks.
- A strategic leader who does not operate in a silo, but can
think about where a program or product line is heading or needs to
go, while considering the technical aspects of how to get us
- Mentor, champion of respect, diversity and ethics.
- Complementary expertise in the areas of target vulnerability,
materials and processing, fuzing, propulsion, manufacturing,
production, hardware design and test.
- Business development experience including technical and cost
- Familiarity with defense product lifecycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with internal
and/or external customers and team members.
- Current Secret or Top Secret Department of Defense Clearance.
What We Offer : Whether you're just starting out on your career
journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total
rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation;
healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits
we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. This position is located in beautiful
Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere,
combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region
and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded
by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and
majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's
best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more
than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets
residents enjoy the outdoors year-round. Raytheon Technologies is
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Seattle , Engineering Fellow - Warheads Modeling Simulation, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!