Minimum $20k Sign-On Bonus GPS Subsystems Senior Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is eligible for a minimum of $20k Sign-On
Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On Bonus
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers. You will be on the front lines as we
trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and
chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in
The Guidance Electronics Team provides Electrical Systems
Engineering to develop Guidance Electronics solutions for products
across the Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) portfolio. Our team
develops missile Guidance Electronics Hardware. Our core electrical
engineering responsibilities include architecture, analysis,
requirements, integration, and test. Our core electrical
engineering technologies include RF/RADAR, Navigation/IMU/GPS,
Digital, and Power. We partner with several Electrical Product Team
departments that provide the detailed design of our electrical
products as well as missile level systems teams.
The Guidance Electronics Team is searching for an GPS Subsystems
Engineer with experience in GPS technology. The role of the GPS
Subsystems Engineer is to provide GPS electronics solution for
missile products. GPS electronics solution includes architecture
development, requirement definition, electronics design, analysis,
modelling and testing. GPS Subsystem Engineer collaborates with
missile level system engineers in developing requirements for the
subsystem. They perform analysis and modeling to decompose
requirements for GPS sub-assemblies and component designs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include
labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include analysis of hardware designs,
subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems;
developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans;
peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations
to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause
- Interface directly with suppliers of navigation or guidance
electronics components, IMUs and GPSs, to monitor and manage
programmatic activities and ensure compliance to requirements
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is
expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work alone, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers. Qualifications You
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience with electrical hardware development
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement
development and/or requirement validation
- Experience in developing RF electrical subsystems.
- U.S Citizenship is required. The ability to obtain and maintain
a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship
is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for
additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to 2
years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of
Qualifications We Value:
- Missile Radar and RF seeker subsystems typically contain
antennas, analog RF circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and
configurable logic so the ideal candidate will have a background in
detailed design and troubleshooting of one or more of these
components. Ideal candidates will also have some experience in
systems engineering and architecture and have a desire to grow into
a guidance section architect.
- Ideal candidates shall also have demonstrated understanding and
wide application of technical theories and concepts in the area of
navigation subsystems/components used in modern guidance
- Recent technical experience relative to integrated Guidance
Electronics systems using GPS and IMU navigation subsystems blended
via Kalman filter techniques
- Knowledge and/or experience with M-Code
- Familiarity with Matlab scripting and tools
- Experience with hardware integration, Hardware in the Loop
(HIL), modeling and simulation and environmental testing and
electronics test equipment
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering
(MBSE) Key Words: GPS, IMU, Kalman Filter, M-Code, Radio Frequency,
Subsystems, Requirements, Modelling, Architecture, Architect,
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include
parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules,
achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to
obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to
obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security
Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense,
handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More
information about Security Clearances can be found on the US
Department of State government website here:
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently
within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral
Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL
eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive
the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Seattle , Minimum $20k Sign-On Bonus GPS Subsystems Senior Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!