Game Solution Engineer
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Title: Game Solution Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Long-Term Contract
Provide Solutions for a Hit Game Team
The Clients team needs a highly capable Full Stack Game Solution
Engineer to act as a technical partner to a 3rd party game
development team. In this role, you will have the chance to provide
technical solutions in support of a hit game that is enjoyed by
millions of players across the world. You will act as a technical
system integrator, consultant, troubleshooter and analyst, and draw
on your broad knowledge of software development to assist with a
wide variety of technical challenges. When the game team comes to
you with a technical question, it is the Game Solution Engineer's
job to understand our products and our systems in order to guide
the team to a successful resolution.
This job requires a wide set of software engineering skills, a
flexible mindset and a willingness to dive in and solve technical
problems as they arise. The Game Solution Engineer must be
excellent at technical troubleshooting, have good communication
skills, know how and when to escalate issues, and have the ability
of architecting temporary workarounds to unblock a team while the
long-term solution is being built. Knowledge of mobile app
development, including build processes for both iOS and Android,
will be important for this role.
What you will do:
- Partner with the game team, including product, engineering, and
qa groups to provide the best possible technical support to
- Be a self-starter who can work independently.
- Be agile to quickly understand this game's technology stack and
processes in order to help integrate the SDKs and software services
that Client provides.
- Become an expert of Client Games technical products, services,
and best practices to increase the likelihood of the game team's
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and think creatively to ensure
the success of our partners.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical
parties to ensure understanding of priorities, services, and
- Gather feedback from our game developer partners and help
improve our processes and documentation.
- Become familiar with the game's codebase in order to offer
technical advice or help troubleshoot issues.
- Extensive software engineering experience.
- Multiple years of mobile app development experience, including
building clients for both iOS and Android.
- Experience developing server based systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both spoken and
- Enjoy working with people and troubleshooting
- A passion and ability to understand complex technical systems
and be able to navigate them.
- Xamarin development
- Experience with Node.js/React server development
- Game development experience
- Prior customer facing or support experience
- Experience integrating complex third-party SDKs
- Experience with complex APIs
Keywords: DevSelect, Seattle , Game Solution Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!