Senior Network Engineer
Company: Seattle Mariners
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer Reports to: Senior Director,
Information Technology - Network & SupportDepartment: Information
TechnologyStatus: ExemptPrimary Objective:The Network Engineer
supports the Seattle Mariners by ensuring security, high
reliability/availability, performance, and usability as well as
planning future directions and growth of the company's network and
systems. Performs as the technology knowledge leader within the
Network/Systems Infrastructure team to confirm that standards and
policies are implemented to industry best practices.Essential
- Understand the network infrastructure and requirements
necessary to design a scalable network in alignment with company
growth and strategies.
- Secure the company's network to protect the confidentiality,
integrity and availability of company assets and sensitive
- Telephony: Deploy and maintain the Mariners IP telephony
- Designs, monitors, and maintains WAN/LAN infrastructure
supporting business-critical systems, with an emphasis on security
- Participates in cross functional projects and assists team to
ensure projects are completed on-time and in-scope.
- Produces and maintains detailed network diagrams, technical
process documentation, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitors network performance, reliability, and security and
identifies potential problems. Makes recommendations for upgrades
and updates as necessary.
- Provides tier 3 support for retail and corporate network
- Stays current on PCI-DSS and Data Privacy requirements and
participates in yearly audits. Ensures company systems are PCI and
Data Privacy compliant. Maintains processes, procedures, and
policies in accordance with PCI-DSS and other needed
- Analyze trends and threats in order to identify risks and
minimize the impact to network security and availability.
- Stays current on latest technology and adheres to design,
configuration and security best practices and policies.
- Researches new technologies, products, and tools and makes
recommendations to fill business needs.
- Mentors and trains other technology staff.
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation.Education and Experience
- 5+ years performing Network Engineering or Senior level Network
Administration in an enterprise network environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- CCNA/CCNP Preferred.Competencies and Knowledge, Skills and
- Advanced understanding of network and systems
- Strong ability to assess and understand the company's business
needs involving network infrastructure and security.
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, layer 7
firewalls, load balancers, SD-WAN, VPN concentrators, wireless, and
NAC in an enterprise environment. Palo Alto, Cisco, Meraki,
Watchguard, Extreme Networks.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, and common routing
protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, or OSPF.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise authentication methods such as
RADIUS, TACACS+, and 802.1x.
- Advanced knowledge of L2-L7 protocols in an enterprise
- Advanced knowledge of vulnerability/threat detection and
- Advanced knowledge of high availability and redundant networks
including disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring tools. (AUVIK)
- Advanced knowledge of security standards including PCI-DSS and
configuration best practices.
- Ability to create and read technical documentation and network
- Demonstrated analytical, deductive reasoning and
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to
interact with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with
- Will perform other duties as assigned.Physical Requirements may
- Constant sitting at a desk with repetitive hand movements to
operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend below waist level to make adjustments to
operating hardware on occasion.
- Must be able to lift/pull/push up to 50lbs with or without
- Able to read, write, speak and comprehend conversational
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as
needed to provide shared support servicesThe Mariners are committed
to providing a competitive total rewards package for our valued
Team Members.The anticipated range of base compensation for this
role is $95,000 to $105,000 annually. In addition, we offer
eligible Team Members a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a competitive 401(k)
company match. We also provide complimentary parking, paid public
transportation, paid parental leave, 80 hours of paid time off
annually, and 9 days of paid holidays per year. Our total rewards
offerings are best-in-class!All benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be
modified or amended from time to time.This information is being
provided in accordance with the Washington State Equal Pay and
Keywords: Seattle Mariners, Seattle , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...