Contingent Senior Stress Engineer
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are looking for a Sr. Stress Engineer for our client who is
an industry leader producing top quality interiors for commercial
airliners. Volt is immediately hiring for a Sr. Stress EngineerAs a
Sr. Stress Engineer you will:Performs stress analysis of complex
interior, system and structural installations. Derives specific
installation requirements from FAA and customer requirements;
determine critical loads and substantiation path for installations,
assemblies, and details.
- Reviews engineering drawings for structural integrity and
compliance with FAA regulations
- Completes stress analysis documents to show compliance to FAA
- Identifies data requirements.
- Works to budgets and project schedules.
- Utilizes classical hand analysis methods and Finite Element
- Provides guidance and feedback to other Stress Engineers.
- Helps the stress engineering manager in developing standards
and best practices.
- May perform as functional "Lead" for stress team on specific
- Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on
time to work and working full shifts.This is a Contingent
PositionEstimated Duration: 12+ monthsThe ideal candidate will
- Demonstrated experience with MS Outlook, MS Office (Word,
- NASTRAN modeling and FEMAP experience desired.
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (CAD) skills preferred.
- Aviation background and aircraft interior industry experience
- Ability to develop customized solutions with minimal margin of
error within strict time constraints and lead other engineers in
- Knowledge of analysis required for multiple interior
commodities (lower and upper attached structure, monuments,
ceilings, side walls, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, or equivalent, minimum
10years experience, or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Pay Rate: $63-$65.00 hr.*Pay range offered to a
successful candidate will be based on several factors, including
the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific
job duties, certifications, etc.Benefits: Volt offers benefits
(based on eligibility) that include the following: health, dental,
vision, term life, short term disability, AD&D, 401(k), Sick
time, and other types of paid leaves (as required by law), Employee
Assistance Program (EAP).Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
prohibits any kind of unlawful discrimination and harassment. Volt
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for
all employees and to providing employees with a work environment
free of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color,
religion or belief, national origin, citizenship, social or ethnic
origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any
other status protected by the statutes, rules, and regulations in
the locations where it operates. If you are an individual with a
disability and need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your
job search or application for employment, please contact us at .
Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.Volt does
not discriminate against applicants based on citizenship status,
immigration status, or national origin, in accordance with 8 U.S.C.
- 1324b.Qualified candidates should APPLY NOW for immediate
consideration! Please hit APPLY to provide the required
information, and we will be back in touch as soon as possible.
Keywords: Volt, Seattle , Contingent Senior Stress Engineer, Engineering , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...