Stress Engineer 4
Company: Jamco America
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Position Stress Engineer 4
Req Code 402
Location Jamco America
Full Time Yes
Primary Responsibilities Summary This position is responsible for supporting Lead Engineers, Senior level Engineers and Engineer Managers in the research, design and structural substantiation of the mechanical / payloads / systems and structures design within the Jamco Technical Services Engineering departments utilizing established modeling and analysis standards (such as Bruhn, Niu, BDM, JA Stress Manuals, etc.). The Stress Engineer 4 will support design and structural substantiation of aircraft engineering packages based on customer and OEM requirements for production, retrofit applications and product development. Eligible to become a JA ODA UME for structures.
Tasks Performed N/A
Essential Functions Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following with other duties as assigned:
- Provide junior level (Stress Engineers levels 1, 2 and 3) mentoring and performance management input to Functional Manager.
- Perform engineering design approvals (design/approval authority) and task scheduling (such as detailed schedule of a given task per program requirements).
- Perform engineering design analysis (such as preliminary Stress analysis, Kinematics and Dynamic Analysis), design validation (such as validate analysis models against test data) and task scope (such as work scope validation).
- Assigned tasks include but not limited to: assemblies/components structural review/analysis, mechanical/structural/payloads/systems installations review/analysis, specifications review (such as materials specifications and manufacturing process specifications), basic test plans/reports (such as tie-rods tension/compression testing) and associated testing support as needed.
- Works under the direction of an experienced engineer, review/analyze basic mechanical/structural/payloads/systems based on defined requirements using approved processes and tools.
- Participates in teams to support the development of designs. Supports the documentation of design implementation.
- Obtain, interpret, and analyze OEM airplane install drawings using approved processes and tools.
- Provides technical, design and informational support for airplane modifications (including full-time on-site modification support and on-call home-team support), manufacturing support and/or in-service issues.
- Troubleshoots basic mechanical/structural/payloads/systems problems associated with structural requirements.
- Actively support engineering department goals and initiatives.
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary.
- Utilize internal analysis/drawing/document standards per customer or regulatory agency requirements.
- Some domestic or international travel may be required.
- Perform engineering design reviews and sign drawings and/or documents.
Minimum Physical Requirements Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
Desired Job Experience
--- Requirements Education and/or Experience: BS degree Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related Engineering field and 6-8 years of relevant working experience.
- MS degree may be required as deemed necessary by Functional Manager.
Moderate travel within the U.S. and abroad may be required to support JAMCO America programs.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job may have some supervisory responsibilities when acting in the role of Lead Engineer and as delegated by the Functional Manager.
Knowledge Design: Able to read and understand Computer Aided Design (CAD) designs, drawings and specifications. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models. Tools: Advanced knowledge of modeling/simulation tools such as Femap/Nastran and/or Patran/Nastran. Able to provide mentorship on such tools to junior staff members. Administration: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, equipment allocation/management, advanced leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources. Able to work in a team environment, able to coordinate and lead teams of design engineers and accept required roles, responsibilities and accountability. Aircraft Fundamental Knowledge: FAA requirements for the installation and structural substantiation of mechanical/structural/payloads/systems components (14 CFR Part 25, MMPDS, etc.) and OEM Design requirements (Boeing Design Manual, Standard Interface Documents, etc.). Extensive understanding of aircraft terms and design requirements is required. Engineering: Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design review and structural analysis of various systems, goods and services.
- Skills Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems is required. Mathematical: College level mathematics required. Ability to use various formulas embedded and linkage amongst cells in spreadsheet program. Basic statistics required to be able to examine/reduce data and identify results/trends. Finite Elements Method (FEM) mathematics understanding required. Customer Orientation: Must demonstrate concern and take actions to meet requirements and high standards of quality of both internal and external customers. Must display courtesy and sensitivity. Manage difficult situations. Meet commitments. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Communication: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Good oral and written communication skills. Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, procedures, drawings, technical data, engineering documentations, and governmental regulations. Ability to write engineering documentations and formal business correspondence. For situations concerning Japanese customer assignments, Japanese language skills may also be required. Judgment and Decision Making: Able to coordinate with outside organizations, such as planning and procurement, to obtain critical data for review and appropriate decision making. Able to coordinate and lead Design/Build Teams (DBT). Time Management: Managing one's own time and team resources/time allocation. Able to multitask and work independently and in a team environment. Attitude: Demonstrate continuous skill improvement. Positive attitude is required.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment and accept required roles, responsibilities, and accountability.
- Able to multitask and work independently.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computers, particularly MS Office products (Word, Excel Access & PowerPoint).
- Accurately report time worked in time tracking system on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate continuous skill improvement.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the established department standards (i.e. meet published metrics). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Engineering degree required.
All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. *Bilingual Japanese a plus.
** At this time we are not able to provide sponsorship**
Certifications Required N/A
- Ability to read and interpret documents such a safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers of employees of organization.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Customer Orientation Must demonstrate concern and take actions to meet requirements and high standards of quality of both internal and external customers. Must display courtesy and sensitivity. Manage difficult situations. Meet commitments. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Keywords: Jamco America, Seattle , Stress Engineer 4, Engineering , Everett, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!