Company: Snoqualmie Indian Tribe
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Description: This position is a full-time salaried position that
reports directly to the General Manager. This position will manage
and supervise facilities, custodial, and grounds maintenance staff,
operations, and services. Manage, lead, and perform maintenance for
all Tribal facilities and grounds to achieve planned levels of
operations and maintenance.Essential Functions
- Manage and direct the daily operations of the Snoqualmie
Tribe's facilities, custodial, and grounds maintenance
- Direct the daily department operations and implement program
goals and objectives to ensure compliance with policies and
procedures, building codes, laws and regulations. Make
recommendations on building and property needs and improvements and
assist Tribal Operations Director with planning of department goals
- Manage and monitor assigned work plans and budgets. Track
expenses and utilize budget reports to monitor costs and report on
variances and take corrective action as needed. Prepare purchase
orders and obtain bids for outside contractors.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate assigned staff. Assess training
needs and support professional development. Participate in
selection process and make hiring and termination
- Provide hands-on leadership in a variety of work including
carpentry, plumbing, mechanical troubleshooting and repair, and
- Manage repair and replacement of facility components such as
lights, faucets, toilets and locks. Maintain all machinery and
- Respond to department and employee work orders and
- Manage the cleaning and custodial service provision of tribal
properties to provide a clean, comfortable, and safe working
- Manage grounds landscaping and maintenance for tribal
properties including planting, weeding, and maintaining, plant
beds, grass areas, parking lots, etc. Ensure proper upkeep, garbage
removal, snow removal, and other maintenance.
- Attend staff meetings and training's as appropriate.
Participate in professional development opportunities as required
and as needed to fulfill job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.. Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS degree from accredited university preferred.
- Five or more years' related business experience (e.g. vendor
sourcing, contracts management) demonstrating progressive
responsibility and growth within the construction/facilities
industry with previous supervisory experience required.
- A minimum of three years' hands-on experience with minor
electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical troubleshooting and
- Strong project and facility management experience.
- Knowledge and experience with machinery, equipment, man lifts,
snow plows, etc.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building, preventive
maintenance and safety regulations, principles, and best
- Knowledge of HVAC, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of fiscal, accounting and budget principles.
Experience preparing and interpreting reports preferred.
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution, and
- Excellent customer service skills and written and verbal
communication. Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse
populations in a courteous, helpful, and clearly understood
- Knowledge of Native cultures, history, and traditions strongly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and access all areas
of the buildings and grounds. Conditions of Employment
- Must agree to be subject to the Tribe's Controlled Substance
and Alcohol Testing Policy to include pre-employment
- Must pass background check.
- Must be available to work in emergency situations and be
on-call during weather events for campus clearing and providing
- Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's
License. Additional Information
- Salary is DOE and employment is at-will.
- Eligible for competitive medical, dental, life, and disability
insurance benefits beginning the first of the month following date
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching contributions after
90 days of employment.The Snoqualmie Tribe gives Indian preference
to candidates who can provide proof of enrollment in a federally
recognized tribe. In the absence of qualified Indian applicants who
meet the qualifications listed above, all applicants not entitled
to or who do not claim Indian preference, will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic
protected by law.PM19
Keywords: Snoqualmie Indian Tribe, Seattle , Facilities Manager, Executive , Snoqualmie, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!