Director of Finance
Company: Philanthropy Northwest
Posted on: February 20, 2021
AT YOUTHCARE:--YouthCare envisions a community where no young
person experiences homelessness, all young people have the
opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are
dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic
backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and
religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that
diversity. ABOUT YOUTHCARE:--YouthCare works to end youth
homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who
they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974,
YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and
homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people
find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four
decades, we've defined best practices and developed programs that
are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered
approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness
ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term
stability. Role Responsibilities:-- Under the leadership of--the
Chief Operating Officer, and serving as a member of the Senior
Leadership Team, the Financial Director--(FD) is responsible for
operating with a focus on excellence in all
matters,--developing--practices that nurture strong financial
systems and robust reporting infrastructure, to support Programs
and Administration. The FD--oversees and ensures timely and
effective financial information-sharing, ensures a sound budget
development framework and operating within agency budget,
responsiveness to the ongoing and emergent needs of leadership,
staff, and youth throughout the organization. ESSENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial Accounting, Reporting and Budgeting
- Oversee all accounting functions for the agency including the
general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll,
and supervise the Finance team. Develop, implement, and ensure
compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements
and reports that are appropriate for the users in accordance with
generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review monthly financial results and report on monthly
variances. Assist the Chief Executive, Chief Operating Officer ,
Chief Program Officer, and the Board Finance Committee with
financial reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Drive preparation of the annual budget in consultation with
senior leadership and program managers.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that promote the
financial sustainability of the Agency.
- Work with Finance staff to ensure compliance with external
stakeholders and constituents including the annual Financial and
- Guide and assist in the development of financial projections
and analyses of existing and potential Agency endeavors Strategic
- Act as a strategic partner with senior leadership; ensuring
alignment to goals, strategies, and priorities on an ongoing
- Create and ensure implementation that thoughtfully and
responsibly stewards the organization's assets and revenue.
- Provide highly skilled and collaborative decision-making and
leadership expertise to ensure agency integrity, quality of
services, and progress towards agency goals and vision.
- Ensure that the state of YouthCare's finances aligns with the
organization's goals and risk tolerance.
- Represent YouthCare with integrity and dignity when interacting
with external constituents. Cultivate existing and develop new
relationships on behalf of the agency.
- Working in conjunction with senior leadership, develop and
implement business strategies, plans, policies and procedures in
alignment with the Agency's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Participate in and help drive expansion activities through the
assessment and facilitation of growth opportunities.
- Provide staff leadership on the Finance and Real Estate
Committees. Grant Accountability
- Oversee all financial, programs, and grants accounting; ensure
that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program
budgets throughout the grant period; collate financial reporting
materials for government, corporate and foundation grants in a
- Ensure finance staff collaboration with the agency's grant
writers and contract leads on the development of program and
contract budgets. This job description is not intended to cover
every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works
together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the
team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific
responsibilities listed in this description. Candidate
Qualifications:-- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree--in Business Management, Accounting, or
- Clearly demonstrated success as a senior leader and
administrator in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or
government agency, preferably in the field of homelessness.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically about and balance
multiple needs, priorities, and stakeholders to meet agency
- Experience with private nonprofit management and grant
accounting in an agency greater than $5,000,000 in revenue,
including experience with payroll and payroll allocations, managing
audits from independent Certified Public Accountants, government
agencies and private funder, as well as ability to create complex
organizational budgets. Knowledge of and experience with A-133
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation
skills and the ability to effectively interface with and maintain
strong working relationships with senior management, YouthCare's
board of directors, and staff.
- Proficiency in the use of software programs for accounting,
word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and internet.
- Experience with Abila Sage MIP Software Fund Accounting highly
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now software highly
- Master's Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or
- Experience managing external vendors
- Experience using budget modeling software
- A minimum of 8 years of comparable experience How to Apply
Application Instructions:-- Please apply through the link provided
ONLY. All other candidates will not be viewed. 2101 Fourth Avenue,
Seattle, WA 98121
206-443-8430 ---1-877-769-2752 We are home to The Giving Practice ,
a national consultancy committed to rigorous, generative--and
Keywords: Philanthropy Northwest, Seattle , Director of Finance, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!