Director, Shipper Insights
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our
mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero
waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the
way freight moves. The next time you're out driving and see an
18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When
big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the
atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million
metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our
digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut
carbon waste by nearly half. This is your opportunity to
collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform
the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About you: The Director, Shipper Insights heads up our efforts at
developing and delivering world-class supply-chain / transportation
insights that solve meaningful customer problems. You will report
to the head of Business Operations & Sales Strategy, working with
our Sales and Account Management teams, while also collaborating
closely with our Data Science, Product, Engineering and Marketing
orgs. You'll identify, articulate and propose thoughtful ideas that
help our customers answer their hardest 'why' and 'how' questions.
You'll collaborate closely with our peerless Data Science, Product,
Engineering and Marketing folks, helping unlock the full value of
Convoy's Digital Freight Network through at-scale products and
processes. It necessitates blending your intimate knowledge of our
customers, the broader market and Convoy's deep quantitative view
into supply chains in order to guide the creation of whimsical
stories, grounded in data, that get our customers to 'happily ever
after'. You will:
- Own and drive the Shipper Insights strategy, maintaining a
long-term perspective that is continuously grounded in feedback and
learnings from our shippers.
- Build, manage and lead a team of storytellers / business
strategists who are capable of mining for insights and turning them
into compelling narratives that help solve our customers'
- Communicate program goals, status, progress and issues to
stakeholders throughout the company.
- Effectively guide and collaborate with partners in Data
Science, Engineering and Product at identifying, building and
launching insight-related products for our customers.
- Work alongside Marketing in crafting insight-focused assets
that build thought leadership and increase sales velocity.
- Help mentor and coach the front-line sales team on
incorporating insights into sales motions throughout the customer
lifecycle. We're looking for someone who has:
- BS or Advanced Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Computer Science, Operations Research, a natural science or
equivalent quantitative subject.
- 10+ years of experience at a top-tier tech company or
consulting firm where you leveraged quantitative analysis,
analytics, and data science in order to solve business problems,
preferably in a customer-facing role.
- 7+ years of experience managing teams of both technical and
- A masterful storyteller, capable of distilling complex ideas
and data into simple, digestible and compelling narratives.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity, with the ability to
think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured
- Experience building, scaling and evolving ambiguous strategic
and cross-functional programs from the ground-up.
- A firm sense of ownership, where you get your hands messy in
the details, but do so in service of letting our sales team shine
with our customers.
- Worked with and influenced external VP-level / C-Suite
stakeholders. Nice to haves:
- Worked closely with sales teams and/or directly with enterprise
- Reimagined and executed supply chain optimizations.
- Data visualization and/or early product prototyping /
- Working knowledge of scientific / statistical languages such as
R or Python. Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome
applicants from all backgrounds. If you're a passionate team player
who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team,
we'd love to hear from you!
Keywords: Convoy, Seattle , Director, Shipper Insights, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!