Nursing Program Director
Company: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College Of Medicine
Posted on: February 22, 2021
American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA) Please
note:--The position will remain open until filled, however,
priority consideration will be given to completed applications
received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February, 12, 2021.--
Are you passionate about serving at a college that is centering
racial equity, social justice, and intercultural engagement to
eliminate equity gaps and advance student success? Does your vision
for nursing education actively confront the Covid-era while
maintaining the commitment to championing our most marginalized and
vulnerable students? Are you yearning for an opportunity to
collaborate with an engaged nursing faculty committed to these
outcomes? If these questions resonate with you, then we invite you
to consider joining the team at Pierce College.
The Nursing Program Director manages the Associate Degree Nurse
(ADN) and Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) programs. Duties
include leading and equity-minded and collaborative department to
advance curriculum development, scheduling, staff development,
grant management, enrollment management, budget planning,
accreditation compliance, clinical compliance, marketing and
special projects. The position requires the ability to work
effectively with students, faculty, staff, administration from
multiple colleges, and with vendors and state agencies regarding
planning and implementation of the program. The Nursing Program
Director reports to the Dean of Health and Technology. This
position requires regular and consistent attendance.--The
anticipated start date is March 1, 2021.
About the Program:
The successful candidate will join our Nursing department that
offers the Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) through both a
traditional program and through a part-time Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) to ADN program. The program, consistently ranked as one
of the best in the state, thrives on innovation and is purposefully
designed to attract and serve marginalized and non-traditional
students. The program also offers students the opportunity to
matriculate seamlessly to the University of Washington's Bachelor
of Science in Nursing Program or to St. Martins University
Please note:The health and well-being of our students and staff are
top priorities. In order to safeguard the health of our district,
all Pierce College employees are working remotely until further
notice, with a few exceptions for core staff and labs. The nursing
program does include some of these exceptions. More information is
located under the "Physical Work Environment" section listed
Themissionof Pierce College is to create quality educational
opportunities for a diverse community of learners to thrive in an
Recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of theTop 5 community
collegesin the nation, from the 2019 Community College Excellence
award,Pierce Collegeis an innovative and mission-driven community
college committed to antiracism and excellence to equitably support
all students achieve their academic and professional goals. Check
out our Aspen InstituteRising Star Award.
About the District:The College enjoys a strong presence in the
community and participates in numerous partnerships with business,
community, government, and educational organizations. The
have modern facilities that include state-of-the-art teaching and
learning spaces; an immersive, full-dome digitalplanetarium; child
development centers; and health education centers, all with a
beautiful view of nearbyMount Rainier. Want a feel for our
District? Take a peak at ourCampus views!
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom -Located on a beautiful 140-acre
site adjacent to a 340-acre community and recreational park,
Pierce College Puyallup -Located on a luscious site with 125-acres
of wooded land withbeautiful hideaways.
Pierce College at Joint Base Lewis-McChord- Located at the Joint
Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) military sites, serving many of our
military, and active duty families that are serving our county.
Pierce County: An amazing place to call home
Pierce County stands out as one of the most beautiful and livable
areas in the United States, offering its citizens the benefits of
both rural and urban life in the Pacific Northwest. Both campuses
command views of majestic Mount Rainier. The area's moderate
climate, along with nearby mountains, forests, rivers, the Puget
Sound, and Pacific Ocean, provide for many outdoor activities
including hiking, skiing, kayaking, beach combing, biking, and
golfing. At the same time, most of Pierce County is only minutes
away from Tacoma or a short drive to Seattle where world-class
cultural, arts, shopping and sporting activities abound. The area
boasts an amazing array of housing options from urban condos to
rural acreage and everything in between. Located in the heart of
one of America's most amazing areas, Pierce County is a wonderful
place to call home. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Nursing Program
- Analyzes program evaluation for evidence of ongoing assessment
and equitable student attainment of the end- of-program student
- Ensures the nursing education unit meets the minimum standards
established by the NCQAC as outlined in WAC 246-840-512.
- In collaboration with faculty, the Nursing Program Director is
primarily responsible for maintaining a written, comprehensive,
Systematic Plan for ongoing Evaluation (SPE) that is based on
program outcomes data and input all stakeholders incorporating
improvement goals and measures.
- Ensures changes to program metrics, curriculum, admissions
processes, etc. are evidence-based, advance antiracism through
reduction of barriers to marginalized communities, and continue to
advance the efficacy of the department.
- Oversees the distribution and completion of all surveys
regarding the SPE, which includes, but is not limited to the yearly
faculty survey, the quarterly course effectiveness surveys, the
student entrance surveys, the student end-of-program survey, the
workforce education graduate survey and the employer survey.
Leadership and Supervision of Faculty and Staff:
- Provides support and daily supervision to all nursing faculty
and staff. Responsible for creating an inclusive learning and
working environment in which traditionally marginalized students
and employees can achieve their educational and professional
- Provides leadership and supervision to all nursing program
faculty, staff, and students and ensures high quality and
equity-minded delivery of instructional services for the program
through inclusive pedagogies and practices aimed at reducing
barriers to learning and success.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires adjunct faculty needed to
complete program staffing. Reviews and plans for faculty and staff
professional development and provides guidance in selection of
activities to advance the mission of the institution.
- Observes faculty teaching; obtains and reviews student course
evaluations; provides faculty feedback and evaluation; consistent
with college policies. Actively engages in the tenure and
post-tenure processes for full time faculty; and conducts regular
reviews of adjunct performance to advance student success.
- Assists faculty in identifying and implementing
interdisciplinary and service-learning opportunities. Coordinates
the development of the Nursing Program and NAC annual schedule with
program faculty and submits to division office based on program
analysis and student data.
- Ensures the completion of class and course evaluations,
waivers, and substitutions.
Nursing Program Curriculum Management:
- Assures program curriculum updates and development occur
according to the schedule set by the Learning Council for nursing
career pathways. Actively seeks to eliminate barriers to equitable
learning and success.
- Stays current with nursing curriculum developments and
licensing standards at the state and national level.
- Ensures the completion of course effectiveness surveys as part
of evaluation of the curriculum. Partners with faculty to complete
assessment and evaluation of curriculum for Pierce College and for
the continuous evaluation of curriculum as set forth by the
- Facilitates the continuous improvement of curriculum by ways of
new practices and technologies such as TILT, learning mastery,
master courses, standardized syllabi, etc.
- Works with department members to select books and materials for
program as needed.
Student Success and Data Management:
- Serves as a leader in assuring programs and services equitably
support student achievement of educational goals and advance career
goals, particularly for historically marginalized and minoritized
- Participates in the application process for student
- Assists Program Manager with pre-nursing student questions and
application inquiries as they arise. Assists faculty with the
orientation days of incoming students and ensure needs are met for
faculty and students.
- Tracks national trends in nursing program development and
develop recommendations for program changes to stay current with
best practices for student success.
- Maintains/updates student handbook and policies in compliance
with college, state, and national accreditation standards.
- Mentors/advises or designate a mentor/advisor for the student
nursing clubs (if applicable). Supports student success by being a
mentor and having an open-door policy.
- Tracks NCLEX pass rates, attrition rates and job placement
rates for student graduates.
- In collaboration with faculty, develops policies that keep
students, the program and patients safe. Tracks near misses/good
catches in the clinical setting and ensure proper reporting to the
Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.
Nursing Program Clinical Operations Management:
- Participates in Clinical Placements Northwest Consortium and
stays current in clinical partner requirements to oversee
compliance with clinical onboarding requirements and to advance
antiracist practices to assure equitable placements and success in
- Identifies equipment needs in coordination with advisory
committee and employer input and serves as primary contact for
equipment funding and purchasing for the program.
- Regularly reviews website and other marketing materials and
recommend appropriate updates. Maintains existing MOUs with
- In collaboration with the clinical coordinator, seeks out new
clinical opportunities for students. Budgets for program
- Maintains credits, training, etc. for certification to
demonstrate currency in the field.
- Engages in institutional professional learning to advance
personal and collaborative ability to actively contribute to the
college's commitment to building an antiracist institution.
- Performs other duties as Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Nursing, Nursing Education or related
- Five (5) years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Success using data to make decisions and guide change.
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of historically
marginalized and minoritized students and equitable student success
and ability to disrupt practices that lead to inequitable
Special Requirements and/or Conditions of Employment:
- Registered Nurse (RN) in Washington State or eligible for
licensure in WA State.
- The successful candidate must consent to and pass a criminal
background check after a conditional offer of employment.
Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude
employment but will considered in determining the applicant's
suitability to perform in this position.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, skills, abilities,
characteristics, and traits
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving:
- Independently identifies and analyzes problems using analysis
and critical thinking skills and offers best
solution/recommendation or action for resolution.
- Weighs relevance and accuracy of information. Generates and
evaluates alternative solutions.
- Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities
or manages the situation at hand by drawing on personal knowledge
- Thinks creatively, makes decisions, visualizes and solves
problems. Develops and creates ideas, processes and
- Ability to interpret and explain complex regulations,
guidelines, and policies.
- Effective Communications:
- Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing
relevant information with supervisor, faculty, staff and students
to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the Nursing
Program. Explains and interprets complex information regarding
Nursing Program policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening, and
presentation communication skills. Communicates decisions or
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
- Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting sensitively,
effectively, and professionally with persons from diverse cultural,
socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional
backgrounds, and persons of all ages and lifestyle
- Values diversity and possesses an understanding of
multicultural and cultural competencies; ability to work
effectively with faculty, staff, students, and other customers from
- Values open-mindedness, inclusion, multicultural perspective
and multiple ways of knowing, thinking, and being.
- Values organizational diversity; treats others with respect;
promotes cooperation, effectively manages relationships.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperatively lead a team in an
open way that leads to collaboration and empowerment of the
- As an active member of a team, has the ability and desire to
work cooperatively with others, participates and fosters teamwork,
and influences others within a team.
- Models and maintains the values of candor, openness,
inclusiveness and honesty. Build and maintain the trust of
- Ability to work cooperatively with multiple organizations.
Job Knowledge and Management:
- Skilled in job-specific knowledge which is necessary to provide
the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely and
- Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
Ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure.
- Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Follows up with others to ensure that agreements and
commitments have been fulfilled. Ability to maintain the
confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook,
and database software.
- Develops program and resource plans and budgets and monitors
expenditures and resources to ensure spending is within allotments,
or makes appropriate modifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of budget practices with the
ability to analyze information for reports, monitor accounts, and
organize data into effective and meaningful oral and written
- Enables employees to grow and succeed through constructive
feedback, instruction and encouragement.
- Creates a positive team environment where all staff are
motivated to do their best; fosters the development of a common
vision and fully participates in creating a unified team that gets
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills, including the ability to
encourage, inspire, and support employees in achieving the
district's mission and their individual professional goals.
- Works effectively and efficiently to provide quality service to
students and the public to satisfy student service
- Seeks ways to improve service delivery; assesses the
organization and its services from the student's point of view;
emphasizes a team approach to providing great student service. Job
- Job ID: 55760899
Puyallup, Washington, United States
- Position Title: Nursing Program Director
- Company Name: Pierce College District
- Job Function: Administrator
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: Master's Degree
- Min Experience: 5-7 Years
- Required Travel: 0-10% View your connections at Pierce College
District LinkedIn Jobs You May Like P Nursing Program Director
Pierce College District Puyallup, WA, United States P Nursing
Program Director Pierce College District Puyallup, WA, United
States Skagit Regional Health SU Non-Tenure Track and Tenure Track
Full Time... East Holly Avenue, Box 56 Pitman, NJ 08071
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Lerner College Of Medicine, Seattle , Nursing Program Director, Executive , Puyallup, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!