Volunteer Experience Director
Company: Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Volunteer Experience Director, Full-Time Level Experienced Job
Location Administration - Seattle, WA Position Type Full Time 4
Year Degree Salary Range $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 Salary/year Job
Shift Day Job Category Nonprofit - Social Services Description We
believe in transforming relationships. This includes relationships
with our homeless neighbors but also includes relationships with
our donors. We have a team that is participating in life
transformation in some of the most desperate and forgotten corners
of our city. God is doing something significant, right now at the
Mission. Do you want to be a part of it? We need a people leader
who is passionate about volunteers having an impactful experience.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, engage,
and deepen relationships with our high impact volunteers,
significantly engaged volunteers and prospects . This is
accomplished through the leadership of a team including three
additional staff. Emphasis is placed upon one-to-one personal
contact with volunteers. This role will work to cultivate and
support overall volunteer efforts, programs, and outreach within
and outside the Mission. Providing outstanding support, they will
be consistently and predictably customer-friendly, speedy,
accurate, and dependable for all volunteers, residents, guests, and
staff. At Seattle's Union Gospel Mission, we value and care for
every Mission volunteer and we want each one to be spiritually
empowered to bring the love of Jesus and hope for a new life to our
homeless neighbors. The Volunteer Experience Director will take an
active role ensuring each volunteer is delighted by service
opportunities that make a meaningful impact for them and for the
Mission. We regularly see around 6,000 volunteers participate in
the Mission annually. Volunteers are key in our ability to serve
our homeless neighbors, support our regular staffing, engage our
churches and partner with our community. Our volunteer program is
an important way of engaging our donors and our community at-large
in our work. About the Organization For 88 years, Seattle's Union
Gospel Mission take our calling to love our homeless neighbors very
seriously. Our efforts help move people to healthy, thriving lives.
We start by learning their names, their stories, and providing
first for urgent physical needs, building relationships, and then
offering long-term recovery programs. Currently, we have 11,199
homeless neighbors living in the greater Seattle vicinity. More
than 1/3 of those who are homeless are struggling with mental
illness. 32% of King County's homeless wrestle with addiction. You
can be a part of the solution and join the team.
- Meet annual goals with our volunteers using a portfolio
management strategy with your team, in collaboration with the CDO.
- Through proactively reaching and caring for new and existing
volunteers. This includes leading a team of relationship managers
to focus on heavy 2-way engagement and interaction.
- Build out an approach with relationship deliverables including
hours served, roles filled, quantity/quality of volunteers, and
volunteer financial giving to promote Mission engagement.
- Conduct solicitations on behalf of the Mission through building
relationships with volunteers who have a capacity and interest to
give or to take increasing steps of volunteer responsibility.
- Active collaboration with program leadership to discover and
understand known and felt needs. This includes launching new areas
of volunteering and using volunteers to help with special projects.
- Foster and cultivate volunteers for high-impact roles within
the Mission. Challenging all volunteers to engage at a deeper
level. Relaunch the high-impact volunteer program, finalizing a
definition, building out training, and developing a community of
- In conjunction with program leadership, identify and fill the
organizations staffing needs with volunteers.
- Create supportive volunteer communities in all parts of all
Mission programing. This include cross trained volunteers that can
meet evolving organization needs.
- Support the work of the Church Engagement Team, providing leads
through churches participating in the volunteer program and
facilitating meaningful avenues for congregants to engage in
- Lead the daily operations of the Volunteer Experience team.
This includes providing vision for staff and the larger
- Develop, implement and maintain volunteer development,
recruiting, selection, retention, recognition and training
strategies, systems and processes.
- Lead over culture development creating a volunteer to volunteer
community and experience at the Mission.
- Create, implement and maintain strategic and collaborative
volunteer communication including website management.
- Register and record all volunteer hours for management and
L&I reporting purposes.
- Utilize the volunteer and donor database for monthly reporting
and volunteer information.
- Advocates and supports Missions people team guidelines,
policies and processes.
- Early prospect outreach, identification of new prospects,
growth in volunteer hours or roles, dollars raised, volunteer
referrals secured, and handoffs conducted.
- Represent Mission when called upon. Assist on-site and off-site
as needed, for volunteer fairs, tours or group/corporate/service
- Pilot and refine on-ramps to move volunteers to become donors.
This includes specialized campaigns, supporting peer-to-peer
fundraising efforts, trainings/orientations, and outside-of-the box
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division, and Department
meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life
and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering
to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of
Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and
work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Must be a people leader. Expert as motivating, coaching and
encouraging people on and off their team. This leader must lead to
a vision that is bigger than the present building support along the
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the
involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All
Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of
meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in
the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and donor & volunteer
database systems required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and
interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to manage time and plan effectively in a fast-paced,
fluid work environment required.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work well both individually and within in a team
environment required. Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time;
bend, stoop reach or climb stairs.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift
up to 40 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer keyboard/mouse extensively.
Education BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience 5+ years managing and stewarding relationships. 2+ years
working with volunteers. Experience in fundraising/development
preferred. Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible,
authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three
Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin
birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and
atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection,
in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His
personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men,
regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose
indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust,
the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting
conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Mission Statement To bring the love of Jesus and hope for a new
life to our homeless neighbors. Vision Statement To see every
homeless neighbor: beloved, redeemed, and restored.
Keywords: Seattle's Union Gospel Mission, Seattle , Volunteer Experience Director, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!