Senior Manager, Local Marketing (Remote)
Company: Recreational Equipment, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
- All Jobs
- Our Co-op
- Apply Now Senior Manager, Local Marketing (Remote) Apply
- Share Posted Date: Nov-19-2020 Job ID: 18785 Job Type: Full
Time Job Function: Marketing City: Seattle State: Washington Store:
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying What's
cool about this job Our Local Brand Engagement and Impact team
creates opportunities for conversation, community building,
inspiration, learning and growth in ways that are meaningful to a
new customer as we look to become "your local outdoor co-op." REI
is looking for a seasoned marketer to build on our already strong
position and take our growth to the next level. You will reimagine
REI's local marketing strategy and scale our efforts to drive
greater value to the business and to local outdoor communities in
every market where we operate. Reporting to the Director of Local
Brand Engagement, this position has a unique opportunity to make a
significant impact on REI's marketing strategy. This work will
drive new customer acquisition, increase member retention, and
drive store and digital traffic. The Senior Manager will work with
partners across marketing and insights, analytics, digital, retail,
merchandising, and outdoor education classes. You can easily move
between creative conversations and a hard look at data and consumer
insights.--You are a team player, curious, unafraid to innovate,
and willing to take chances and learn from your mistakes. The
outdoor industry continues to grow and change, and this leader will
be encouraged to think outside of the box to differentiate REI from
our competitors. At REI, we believe that a life outdoors is a life
well lived...for everyone. To deliver on that promise, we are
working with our 15,000 employees, 19M members and the broader
outdoor community toward a reality where everyone has the
opportunity to be themselves, to access opportunities, and find
their place in the outdoors. For us, that means:
- Investing in work that removes the barriers people and
communities face to getting outside.
- Delivering relevant products, experiences, and expertise to
equip and inspire a new generation of outdoor stewards.
- Cultivating a workforce that reflects the demographics of the
markets we serve.
- Leading the industry's efforts to welcome people and
communities historically underrepresented into outdoor media and
culture. The successful candidate will do this by: Leading the Way
- Identifying and communicating key responsibilities and
practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful
attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve
- Supporting the implementation of company programs, procedures,
methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenging and inspiring employees to achieve business
- Ensuring employees adhere to legal and operational compliance
- Overseeing training and development of employees directly and
indirectly managed and making effective staffing decisions.
- Conducting and ensuring the completion of performance
- Providing coaching, direction and leadership support to
employees in order to achieve department, company and customer
- Establishing and maintaining visibility within the
- Monitoring operational statistics, reports, trends, variances,
and issues and taking appropriate action. Planning & Navigating
- Managing a team of field-based brand managers to deliver high
quality campaigns, on time and within budget.
- Managing all aspects of budgeting, planning and reporting for
the field organization.
- Developing and delivering our approach to scale the local
- Leading the development of market plans in partnership with
regional leadership teams.
- Establishing key performance metrics to measure the business
- Negotiating terms of relationships and ensuring compliance with
contracts, sponsorships, agreements, etc.
- Ensuring operational consistency with other marketing
- Collaborating with enterprise teams including but not limited
to: marketing, retail, outdoor education, digital, analytics and
customer insights, merchandising, philanthropy and government
- Representing Risk Management for Local Marketing team. Bring
your passion and expertise
- 10+ years of experience in traditional/event, local, social,
and/or community marketing
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing a team of marketing
- BA degree in marketing, business management, or equivalent a
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication
- Experience managing contract negotiations
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Proven experience creating annual plans, budgets, and
- Ability to make strategic recommendations, draft decks and
present to leadership
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to analyze data and apply findings
- Experience managing a virtual and/or distributed team
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally approximately
15-20% of the time
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective
employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision
- Strategic thinker and idea generator, with excellent attention
- Establishes trust and inspires others. At REI we offer an
enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on
the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception - 23
years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it's balanced with time off
to play-a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and
thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be
heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This
is the place.With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI
offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000
employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free
equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach
personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions,
public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and
more.REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Apply Back to job search
- Log in
- Create your profile
- REI Employees: Apply Here --2021 Recreational Equipment,
All rights reserved. REI, REI Outlet and the REI Co-op logo are
trademarks of Recreational Equipment, Inc.
If you require accommodation in order to apply for a job, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .REI participates in E-Verify. Details
in English and Spanish .
Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish .
EEO is the Law Poster in English and Spanish .
Keywords: Recreational Equipment, Inc., Seattle , Senior Manager, Local Marketing (Remote), Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!