Community Marketing Manager - Washington
Company: DICK'S Sporting Goods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionThe Community Marketing Manager is responsible for
creating partnerships, events, programs and initiatives at the
local and territory level to uniquely brand Dick’s Sporting Goods
as the #1 omni-channel retailer that serves and inspires athletes
and outdoor enthusiasts. This person is responsible for driving
traffic, sales and profitable results to the stores in their
territory and to dicks.com. Additionally, a CMM is the local
representative of The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation, managing
our philanthropic strategies at the local level. They work in a
cross functional capacity to maintain relationships with our
corporate marketing team, The DICK’s Sporting Goods Foundation and
store operations teams within assigned territories. The Community
Marketing Manager develops local partnerships and engagements to
provide support and make a lasting impact in communities. They are
the face of our brand and The DICK’S Foundation in their local
community. Community Marketing Program
- Serve as a resource in all communities to help support active
lifestyles, athletics, education and community programming for all
- Develop and foster strong relationships that make an impact in
the community, while supporting national campaigns and initiatives
and bringing the company’s philanthropic strategy to life.
- Leverage The DICK’S Sporting Foundation to impact the local
community by providing equipment donations, community grants, and
other programming to communities, leagues and teams in need.
- Collaborate with corporate marketing and planning teams to
develop local market plans and activations as it relates to
national program objectives.
- Negotiate sponsorships with youth sports organizations that
include promotions, digital and social media, league and athlete
engagement activities, signage, branding, etc.
- Build strategic programming with sponsorships, in-store events
and experiences, coupons and promotions to increase merchandise
sales in store and online, traffic counts, customer conversion and
maximize the return on investment and profitability. Marketing
Event / Program Execution
- Ensures execution and evaluation of all territory level (local,
district, market and regional) marketing activities, national
events, partnerships, new store marketing programs, in-store events
and other related initiatives as needed.
- Serve as cross-functional liaison between stores, corporate
marketing, DICK’S Foundation and external partners to ensure
communication and execution of programs from conception to
- Evaluate qualitatively and quantitatively each event/program
and proactively suggest enhanced measures of success.
- Serve as local representative for The DICK’S Sporting Goods
Foundation and all community giving and charitable programs
including the selection and distribution of Foundation grants that
are earmarked for the territory.
- Evaluate and fulfill Dick’s Sporting Goods sponsorship and
donations requests from your local community.
- Management and tracking of all sponsorship agreements and asset
distribution using local CRM software program
- Ensure proper execution of sponsorship deliverables with
leagues, teams, events, etc. to maximize the return on investment
- Deliver level of excellence and professionalism on all
relationships, events, and programs. Be the face of our brand in
your local community.
- Evaluate and manage territorial Community Marketing budget and
- Provide market intelligence, competitive information and
feedback to stores/corporate to support marketing programs and
initiatives within assigned territory.
- Develop relationships with vendors, sales reps, and service
organizations that do business with our company.
- Serve as approved media trained associate capable of talking to
media on behalf of DICK’S as directed by CSC Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with 4-year college
degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or
- 3 - 5 Years of related experience as a regional or company
merchandise or marketing professional in a retail or multi-unit
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced
- Flexible availability in work schedule including some nights,
weekends and holidays. Some travel within territory required
Keywords: DICK'S Sporting Goods, Seattle , Community Marketing Manager - Washington, Executive , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!