Opper Melang Restaurants is a growing company specializing in
restaurants + bars, unmatched service and uniquely designed
We are currently hiring for the position of Assistant General
Manager at The Matador in Ballard.
- Our ideal candidate will have bar management experience.
- The AGM position is specifically intended for upward mobility
within OMRs management structure.
- Salary $50,000-60,000 and Bonuses with Profit Sharing
Located in Ballard, The Matador remains a staple in the
neighborhood, offering excellent food, beverages and service to
both our newfound and longtime 21+ Guests. Ours is a menu of
extensive tequilas, fresh ingredients and bold flavors, and we
feature Happy Hours twice daily.
We are looking for an individual who will be an immediate asset
to our team- bringing talent, passion and dedication for continual
achievement and humble improvement, leading by example and striving
for personal advancement, supporting and developing fellow team
members, exceeding company expectations and goals, and crafting
memorable guest experiences each and every day.
Our AGMs contribute to OMRs Mission by ensuring that memorable
hospitality is provided to our Guests byway of irresistible charm,
friendly conversation, exceptional food and beverages, and a wealth
of knowledge when it comes to our brand, menus and spirits. Our
AGMs are attentive to Guests' needs and make them feel welcome,
comfortable, important and relaxed throughout their experience
within our walls.
Our AGMs own the restaurant floor with grace and purpose.
They're keen on the 5 W's at all times and make every effort to
please and problem solve as their workflow demands. They inspire
teamwork and leadership, both of which are key to our everyday
success. Our AGMs actively support their entire team, recognizing
how best to train, develop and coach each team members unique
learning and feedback styles. They are humble, transparent and
supportive, yet know when to take control of situations that are
best led or handled by our Leadership team.
Our AGMs are responsible for supporting all aspects of
restaurant operations and assume responsibility for the restaurant
in the General Managers (GM) absence. They work to ensure that all
activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurants
business plan, aiming to exceed negotiated goals for financial,
operational, staffing and conceptual visions. Finally, our AGMs
bring their own unique flair to the more mundane tasks required of
them, such as inventory and ordering, unit cleanliness, and the
repair & maintenance of the building and equipment.
- Minimum one (1) year of FOH management experience in a
full-service, fast-paced, physically demanding, high-volume
- Passionate about operating restaurants
- Intermediate working knowledge of bar and alcohol service
- Strong communication and leadership skills; utilizes an
inspirational, "hands on" coaching approach
- Energetic and self-starting with a "Guest First" focus
- Balances empathy and guest satisfaction with business savvy
- Honest and reliable
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have all required valid health and alcohol card
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Plan!!!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program- includes counseling, crisis help,
legal support, financial services, wellness, travel benefits and
- Life/AD&D Group Insurance Policy- at no cost to you!
- Paid Time Off
- Continued Career Development and Growth Opportunities
- FREE Shift Meals and discounts at other locations (8
... and More!
To apply, please reply with a cover letter, your resume and
include a list of references.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote a drug-free
work environment. We offer competitive compensation packages
including benefits, varying with position and years of
The Core Values of Opper Melang Restaurants are the foundation
of our culture and beliefs. These guiding principles dictate our
behavior and help us understand the differences between right and
wrong. Core values create unwavering guidance to help our company
determine if we are on the right path to fulfilling our goals. Each
individual core value listed below is an unconditional
characteristic of ourselves, our fellow team members, our partners,
and the company as a whole. They are the standards by which we hold
ourselves and everyone we work with accountable to, represented
daily in all of our decisions and actions.
- Trustworthy: We are invested in creating a genuine and
supportive environment for all of our employees.
- Accountable: Hold accountable, be accountable.
- Committed: Coachable, mindful, ever-evolving team members that
aspire to inspire.
- Obsessed: A genuine obsession and passion for the guest
experience and communities in which we serve.